- G. O. B. // Ausmarine;Nov2012, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented dealing with fishery in Australia including one on FV Margiris foray in Australian waters and the alleged mismanagement of the Australian Fisheries Management Authority (AFMA) of the issue, another about the article "Catch 22: Aquaculture seems a...
- One of the best. Stehr, Hagen // Ausmarine;Feb2008, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p6
The author states that the statistics of the South Australian Spencer Gulf Prawn Fishery are impressive compared to those of the Australian Fisheries Management Authority (AFMA). He also said that the Primary Industry sector in South Australia is something that everyone can be proud of, with the...
- LETTERS. // Professional Fisherman;Mar2004, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p4
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. Information sought on a fisherman or company involved in mud crab steaming and vacuum packing; "ï¿½Divided We Fall," which focused on the unity and establishment of a national fishing industry board...
- Major surgery needed. Ao, Hagen Stehr // Professional Fisherman;Nov2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p6
Discusses the problems of the Australian Fisheries Management Authority. Management shortcomings; Lack of any defined strategic and monitoring role; Need to et a strategic direction.
- Happy anniversary AFMA. Many happy returns. Bard, Neil // Professional Fisherman;Mar2002, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p5
Editorial. Features the 10th anniversary of the Australian Fisheries Management Authority (AFMA). Contribution to the fishing industry; Background on the establishment of the organization.
- Ten years of progress toward sustainable fisheries management. // Professional Fisherman;Mar2002, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p10
Features the 10th year anniversary of the Australian Fisheries Management Authority (AFMA). Overview of achievements; Views of Wendy Craik, chairperson of AFMA, on their success; Contributions to the Australian fishing industry.
- FISHERIES. // Australian Maritime Digest;Dec2013, Issue 229, p14
The article offers news briefs on maritime in Australia in 2013. It reports on the sustainability and profitability of the Northern Prawn Fishery. It announces the required identification numbers from the fishing vessels entering the commission water of the Antarctic region. The Australian...
- Fishery committee disbanded by AFMA. // Ausmarine;Aug2015, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p12
The article focuses on the dissolution of the Small Pelagic Resource Assessment Group, a scientific committee that provides advice to the Australian Fisheries Management Authority (AFMA) on the factory trawler "Geelong Star."
- DÃ©jÃ vu. // Ausmarine;Aug2010, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p15
The article relates a story involving a senior manager with the Australian Fisheries Management Authority.