- Re: Underfloor for Forum. Abdulla, M. P. M. // ASHRAE Journal;Oct2006, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Underfloor for Technology Forum," by Dennis P. Sczomal and Thom Barry in the April 2006 issue.
- The Authors Respond. Sczomak, Dennis P.; Barry, Thom // ASHRAE Journal;Oct2006, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p13
A response by Dennis P. Sczomak to a letter to the editor about his article "Underfloor for Technology Forum," in the April 2006 issue is presented.
- Letters. Brown, Kevin R. // Engineered Systems;Apr2007, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Combining the ATC with FPT," by Howard McKew in his column "Tomorrow's Engineer," in the July 2006 issue, "Southern Comfort, Part II," by Kevin Dickens in February 2007 issue and his response to the...
- The effectiveness of implementing automated ventilation system in premises intended for public using. Svetlana, Shilkina; Artur, Trusov // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 580-583, p2480
A correction to the article "The effectiveness of implementing automated ventilation system in premises intended for public using," that was published in a previous issue of the journal is presented.
- HVAC upgrade saves money. // American School & University;Apr96, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p32N
Reports that the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system at the Froedtert Memorial Lutheran Hospital in Milwaukee, Wisconsin were upgraded after a series of problems occurred with the previous one. Types of problems encountered; Description of the HVAC system that was installed;...
- Displacement Ventilation. McDonell, Geoff // Canadian Architect;Apr2003, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p32
Describes the role of displacement ventilation in BATISO type buildings. Purpose of displacement ventilation; Applications for displacement ventilation systems; Information on BATISO type buildings.
- Investigating the adaptive model of thermal comfort for naturally ventilated school buildings in Taiwan. Ruey-Lung Hwang; Tzu-Ping Lin; Chen-Peng Chen; Nai-Jung Kuo // International Journal of Biometeorology;Mar2009, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p189
AbstractÂ Â Divergence in the acceptability to people in different regions of naturally ventilated thermal environments raises a concern over the extent to which the ASHRAE Standard 55 may be applied as a universal criterion of thermal comfort. In this study, the ASHRAE 55 adaptive model of...
- MAY CALENDAR ITEM: metal roof ventilation. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;May2008, Vol. 85 Issue 5, p25
An interview with Tony Chiovare, president of Custom-Bilt Metals, on the state of metal roof ventilation is presented.
- The impact of new CIBSE weather data on natural ventilation design. Ren, Mei J; Levermore, Geoff; Doylend, Nick // Building Services Engineering Research & Technology;May2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p83
This paper investigates the impact of newly published CIBSE weather data on low energy buildings and the likely consequence on design. Emphasis has been given to the design assessment of naturally ventilated buildings. Three sets of weather data are applied and compared: CIBSE Example Weather...