Something bad? Or good?
- Grip strength predicts outcome. Bohannon, Richard W. // Age & Ageing;May2006, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p320
Presents a letter to the editor in response to an article about the relationship between grip strength and discharge disposition of elders admitted to hospital in the January 2006 issue.
- Grip strength predicts outcome. Sayer, Avan Aihie; Briggs, Roger; Turner, Gillian; Cooper, Cyrus; Syddall, Holly; Kerr, Alastair // Age & Ageing;May2006, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p320
Presents a reply to a letter to the editor about the article on the relationship between grip strength and discharge disposition of elders admitted to hospital in the January 2006 issue.
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan E. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Winter92, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p63
Presents an abstract of the study `Hand Strength: The Influence of Grip Span and Grip Type,' by C. Fransson and J. Winkel and reprinted from the 1991 issue of the `Ergonomics' journal.
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Nov94, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p363
Presents an abstract of the article entitled `Grip Strength in Different Positions of Elbow and Shoulder,' by Su C.-Y., Lin J.-H. et al, reprinted from the 1994 issue of `Archives of Physical Medical Rehabilitation.'
- Corrections. // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Nov2014, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p1108
A correction to the article "Grip strength across the life course: normative data from twelve British studies" that was published in a 2014 issue is presented.
- Abstracts of recent literature. Edelstein, Joan E. // Journal of Rehabilitation Research & Development;Feb96, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p79
Presents an abstract of the article entitled `Voluntary-Opening Prehensors with Adjustable Grip Force,' by D.D. Frey, L.E. Carlson, et al published in the 1995 issue of the periodical `Journal of Prosthetic & Orthotics'.
- Improved detection of submaximum effort in upper extremity strength and strength-endurance... Robertson, Loarn D.; Brodowicz, Gary R. // Journal of Occupational Rehabilitation;Jun1997, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p83
Investigates methods used to help discriminate between maximum and submaximum effort in maximal power grip (strength) and repeated maximal power grip (strength-endurance). Identification of discriminator variables for power grip strength and power grip endurance; Criteria for discriminator...
- Repeatability of magnitude production in isometric, hand-grip force estimation: A working-memory... Lowe, Brian D. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Apr95, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p659
Studies the hypothesis that the number of different to-be-remembered hand-grip force exertions would affect the repeatability of force productions obtained via magnitude production for 12 students. Four level of forces; Amount of force's effect on the variance; Hand-grip magnitude production.
- Power at the plate. // Men's Health;Mar95, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p33
Describes an innovative way to strengthen the forearm muscles by adding weight-plate finger raises to your normal weight-lifting routine. Technique recommended by Chip Harrison, M.S., a strength and conditioning coach at Penn State University; How strong forearm muscles can improve your game.