Complications of Titanium and Stainless Steel Elastic Nail Fixation of Pediatric Femoral Fractures
- Tratamiento de fracturas diafisiarias en niÃ±os con clavos elÃ¡sticos de titanio. Mendoza-Balta, René Jhonny; Bello-González, Alejandro; Rosas-Cadena, José Luis // Acta Ortopedica Mexicana;sep/oct2009, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p286
No abstract available.
- Comparison of hardness and XPS measurement on austenitic stainless steel irradiated by He+ or Fe+ high energy ions. Li Hongmei; Cai Xun; Yang Wu // Journal of Materials Science;Apr2005, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p1817
Presents a letter to the editor about Type 304 stainless steel (304SS) used in a nuclear power plant.
- USE OF MINILOCKING PLATES IN ANGLE FRACTURE. Shah, Prit; Krishnan, Gopal K.; B. A., Sahana // Guident;2012, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p60
Within the development of osteosynthesis in maxillofacial surgery different system have been designed which have become smaller to handle and avoid extra-oral problems. Mini plate fixation has become a standard treatment. Remarkable complication is seen in around 30 to 40 percent of cases for...
- FRACTURE MECHANICAL MEASUREMENTS WITH COMMERCIAL STAINLESS STEELS AT 4 K AND WITH CP-TITANIUM AT 173 K. Nyilas, A.; Mitterbacher, H. // AIP Conference Proceedings;4/8/2010, Vol. 1219 Issue 1, p33
Using the JETT (J-Evaluation on Tensile Test) technique, measurements have been performed with commercial stainless steels in forged and cast condition for the reason of an assessment for low temperature service down to 4 K. These steels frequently used for industrial applications are designated...
- Stainless steel versus titanium volar multi-axial locking plates for fixation of distal radius fractures: a randomised clinical trial. Couzens, Gregory B.; Peters, Susan E.; Cutbush, Kenneth; Hope, Benjamin; Taylor, Fraser; James, Christopher D.; Rankin, Carly R.; Ross, Mark // BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders;2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Background: Distal radius fractures are among the most common fractures seen in the hospital emergency department. Of these, over 40% are considered unstable and require some form of fixation. In recent years with the advent of low profile plating, open reduction and internal fixation (ORIF)...
- Special Features of Fracture of a Solid-State Titanium Alloy - Nickel - Stainless Steel Joint. Khazgaliev, R.; Mukhametrakhimov, M.; Imaev, M.; Shayakhmetov, R.; Mulyukov, R. // Russian Physics Journal;Oct2015, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p822
Microstructure, nanohardness, and special features of fracture of three-phase titanium alloy and stainless steel joint through a nanostructural nickel foil are investigated. Uniformly distributed microcracks are observed in TiNi and TiN layers joined at temperatures above T = 700Â°C, whereas...
- Tension-driven cracking of an expanded austenite layer. Latella, B.A.; Short, K.T. // Journal of Materials Science;Jul2004, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p4321
Presents a letter to the editor on the mode of damage in an expanded austenite layer on stainless steel when subjected to monotonic tensile loading.
- Treatment of Trochanteric Fractures with the PFNA (Proximal Femoral Nail Antirotation) Nail System. Takigami, Iori; Matsumoto, Kazu; Ohara, Akira; Yamanaka, Kazuteru; Naganawa, Toshitaka; Ohashi, Minoru; Date, Kazuto; Shimizu, Katsuji // Bulletin of the NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases;2008, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p276
Currently, intramedullary devices are widely used for the treatment of trochanteric femoral fractures. A new device designed by AO/ASIF the PFNA (proximal femoral nail antirotation), represents a unique intramedullary nail system for improved management, particularly in the elderly. The aim of...
- The versatile reverse flow sural artery neurocutaneous flap: A case series and review of literature. Ahmed, Syed Kamran; Keung Fung, Boris Kwok; Wing Yuk Ip; Fok, Margaret; Shew Ping Chow // Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery & Research;2008, Vol. 3, Special section p1
Background: Reverse flow sural neurocutaneous flap has been utilized more frequently during the past decade to cover vital structures around the foot and ankle area. The potential advantages are the relatively constant blood supply, ease of elevation and preservation of major vascular trunks in...