- SAFE BETS. Lallos, Laura // Money;Feb2002, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p71
Provides a list of fund managers that have figured out how to minimize risk without sacrificing returns and are regarded as safe investment bets by 'Money' magazine for 2002. Contact information, minimum investment and expense ratios for American Funds' Capital Income Builder, Dodge & Cox...
- Education saving starts at birth. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;04/07/2000, p60
Advises South African parents to start saving for their children's education as early as possible. Investment in equities with the help of professionals; Purchase of education policies which are open-ended endowments; Recommended investment in unit trusts, such as the Five-Year Investment...
- ASK THE EXPERT. AuWerter, Stephanie // Money;Jul2013, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p21
The article presents answers to questions on personal finance, including which mutual fund to use for college, whether using a single computer exclusively for online financial transactions minimizes fraud, and how to save more for retirement with a 401(k) contribution that has been capped at six...
- Funds making sure actions echo words. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;7/8/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p27
Reports that equity mutual funds in Chicago, Illinois are trying to match particular investment objectives in hopes of attracting more 401(k) plan assets. User-friendly to investment management consultants.
- The Best MF Tax Savers. Nayak, Mahesh // Business Today;12/2/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p170
The article presents the author's comments on some of the tax-saving mutual funds available in the Indian market. It is stated that equity-linked saving schemes (ELSS) emerged as a compelling tax-saving after the Indian finance minister increased the investment limit in tax-saving schemes....
- The Money Handlers. Kahan, Stuart // Accounting Technology;Oct2003 Supplement, p4
Comments on the articles featured in the October 2003 issue of "CPA Wealth Provider." Role of women in the financial planning world; Financial guidance; Planning opportunities in the technology field; Evaluation of Mutual funds; Other topics featured in the journal.
- Choose right business retirement plan. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/12/98, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p59
Responds to inquiries pertaining to personal finance in the United States. Selection of the right business retirement plan; Strategic funds.
- Mutual funds meet personal financial goals. Abernathy, Rob S. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/6/95, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p21A
Discusses the benefits of mutual funds in personal financial planning. Actions by investors; Reasons for mutual funds; Questions on mutual fund stocks.
- Investing public still in the market, but won't be for long. Hauke, Keenan // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/20/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p39
Comments on the attitude of foreign buyers of stocks in the U.S. Characteristics of stock market; Decrease in mutual fund buying; Introduction of 401(K) plans to the American public.