- There's nothing crazy about new age laws. Appleton, David // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/16/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4451, p18
This section presents a letter to the editor about the new age discrimination legislation in Great Britain.
- Laws are needed. Davies, Martin // Pulse;7/23/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 29, p27
Presents a letter to the editor concerning the age discrimination legislation.
- Letter of the weekâ€¦. Ingham, Jon; Wainwright, Phil; Williams, Christine; Hawkes, Josie // Personnel Today;11/7/2006, p16
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Equality tsar calls for end to religious vetting," by Trevor Phillips in the October 17, 2006 issue, an article related to the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development in the October 31,...
- Letter of the week. Banerji, Gita; Hawkes, Josie; Karoosi, Khalil; Burton, Sue; Taylor, Kim // Personnel Today;12/4/2007, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one apologizing for making ageist remarks published in the November 13, 2007 issue; another on the use of age discrimination laws by politicians and mass media published in the November 20, 2007...
- Age-discrimination bills pass. // Business Insurance;05/11/98, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p2
States that two bills that would negate court rulings that help employers and legally replace higher-paid employees with younger, lower paid workers has been approved by state lawmakers in May, 1997. Reference to the California Supreme Court.
- Supreme Court rules on ADEA liability. // Personnel Journal;Jun93, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p117
Reports on the Supreme Court's refusal to tighten the instances in which an employer could be liable for double damages under the federal Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA). Comment by Justice Sandra Day O'Connor on the liability of employers for double damages if they either knew or...
- Age discrimination law widened. // American Nurseryman;06/01/96, Vol. 183 Issue 11, p6
Highlights the age discrimination law among workers in the United States.
- OK to suggest retiring in lieu of getting fired: It's not age discrimination. // HR Specialist: New Jersey Employment Law;Feb2010, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p3
The article presents a court case Smith v. Allentown that demonstrates the issue concerning age discrimination in New Jersey.
- California may clarify murky age-bias law. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;3/4/98, Vol. 90 Issue 67, p3
Focuses on legislation pending in California in March of 1998 which would clarify the state's age discrimination laws. The issue of companies firing older workers in favor of younger, lower salaried workers; Comments from Laurie McCann, lawyer for the American Association of Retired Persons;...