Risk-averse approach hamstrings managers
- Giving up in public. // People Management;4/8/2010, p14
A letter to the editor is presented in response to a letter by Alan Wingrove on public sector performance management that was published in the March 11, 2010 issue.
- Unite on performance. Smith, June // People Management;4/8/2010, p14
A response to a letter written by Alan Wingrove concerning public-sector performance management in the March 11, 2010 issue is presented. .
- Public sector needs practical help. Clark, Terry // People Management;1/28/2010, p14
A letter to the editor is presented about a comment made by John Philpott, British Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) chief economic adviser, on Great Britain's poorly managed and union-dominated public sector as being the cause of its inability to cope with fiscal austerity.
- News Digest: web comment. // Recruiter;3/23/2011, p10
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Public sector must pay to attract top talent" in the March 15, 2011 issue of "Recruiter."
- Public sector HR ratios are all about poor managers. // Personnel Today;1/20/2009, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Darling to slash public sector HR jobs to fund tax giveaway," published in the December 2, 2009 issue.
- Too many divisions. Perry, Chris // Community Care;5/6/2004, Issue 1521, p22
Presents a letter to the editor about the emergence of too many functional divisions and badly designed jobs in the public sector.
- The painful truth. Barton, Paul // People Management;7/1/2010, p14
A letter to the editor is presented in response to a letter in the June 17, 2010 issue regarding the British public sector.
- Equal Treatment for Public Sector. Cataldo, Steven J. // Risk Management (00355593);Apr85, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p98
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the Publisher's Prerogative column in the January 1985 issue of the journal "Risk Management," about equal treatment for public sector.
- PUBLIC SECTOR RANT. Graham, Alan // Accountancy;May2010, Vol. 145 Issue 1401, p14
A letter is presented from a reader responding to an article criticizing the public sector that appeared in the March, 2010 issue.