Vote of confidence
- More public sector job cuts. Green, Chris // Green Left Weekly;4/1/2009, Issue 789, p5
The article reports on the plans of public sector in Australia, including the Australian Bureau of Statistics and Australian Taxation Office, to cut more jobs.
- Public sector job cuts draw mass protests. BAJKOWSKI, JULIAN // Government News;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p10
The article reports that a series of concerted industrial campaigns have been initiated by public sector unions across Australia's eastern seaboard to limit the impact of big budget cuts, retrenchments and controversial changes to employment awards.
- Health, education workers bear brunt of British austerity. // Lamp;Jun2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p10
The article reports that more than 30,000 workers of the Great Britain National Health Service and 71,000 in education were among public sector staff who lost their jobs in 2011 in Great Britain.
- Agency misery. Hooper, Richard // Truck & Driver;Mar2009, p46
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the author's experience of losing a job in an agency after only working for two months.
- Flying Under the Radar. Lazarus, Arthur // Physician Executive;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "On the Firing Line," by Robert Grossman in the July-August 2006 issue.
- Standing Up for Terrel Bell, Who Stands Up for Us. Millenson, Roy H. // Education Week;9/22/1982, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p18
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the issue regarding the campaign to ousts Secretary of Education Terrel H. Bell.
- Drug Abuse. LaBarbera, Joseph J. // Podiatry Management;Apr/May2008, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p16
A letter to the editor asking if there are legal ramifications to fire an employee who is suspected of abusing drugs and asking if it is permitted by law to ask an employee to pass through a drug screen test and a response by the editor to this letter are presented.
- Expediting Publication to Inform Political Debates. Sade, Robert M. // New England Journal of Medicine;05/27/99, Vol. 340 Issue 21, p1681
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Removal of JAMA editor draws fire," by B. McCormick, seen in the February 1, 1999 issue.
- A lemon. Frede, Ed // Columbia Journalism Review;Jul/Aug1979, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p77
Presents a letter to the editor about the failure of the "Columbia Journalism Review" to check the facts in the firing of an assistant copy desk.