- Packaged rooftop units. // Engineered Systems;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p85
The article evaluates the S-Class rooftop product line of Lennox International Inc., which includes 50-ton models featuring R-410A refrigerant and factory-installed electric heat as an option.
- ROOFTOP VENUES. // Event;Mar2010, p23
A review is offered for rooftop establishments in London, England, including The Roof Gardens, the County Hall and the No. 4 Hamilton Place.
- Rooftop and group helipads. // Healthcare Building Ideas;Summer2009, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p51
The article reports on the services offered by Federal Equipment Co. It states that the company has been designing, manufacturing and installing more rooftop and ground helicopter landing pads in the world for over 13 years. It notes that the company is comprised of in-house staff and employees...
- OUTDOOR LIVING IN THE CITY. Slater, Mitch // Casual Living;Apr2015, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p32
The article focuses on the outdoor living space created by Bill Batherson on his New Orleans, Louisiana rooftop, where he made use of green powder coat finish cabinets from Danver Stainless Outdoor Kitchen, smoker grills and double burners among others.
- improve energy leaks. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/18/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 7, p17
The article reports on the collaboration of Lennox Industries Inc. and Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in the U.S. in reducing energy usage and take advantage of opportunities to provide environmental sustainability. Lennox has developed a new line of rooftop units (RTUs), while Wal-Mart is possible to...
- sPower Installs Solar Electric Systems for the University of Utah. // Electrical Construction & Maintenance Exclusive Insight;4/23/2012, p2
The article reports that Sustainable Power Group (sPower) has installed and commissioned solar power generation systems on the rooftops of the National History Museum of Utah and the Health, Physical Education and Recreation East Building at the University of Utah. The combined systems consist...
- THE UNRESOLVED ROOFTOP. Medio, Simone // ArchNet-IJAR;Jul2012, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p118
This study is prompted by the observation that an overwhelming number of buildings in the world have rooftop's that are architecturally irresolute, under designed, uncharacterised; in one word: unresolved. In those instances, the level of design resolution of the rooftop is insignificant when...
- Designing the Solar-Ready Roof. BRYAN, HARVEY; RALLAPALLI, HEMA; JIN HO JO // Solar Today;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p87
The article examines the design constraints for solar feasibility on rooftops. Considerations that should be taken into account during the process of designing the roof are outlined. Criteria for solar feasibility on rooftop of a 40,000 square-foot community center is also described in the...
- Photovoltaic Cells. Burdic, Brad // Environmental Design & Construction;Oct2008, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p32
The article discusses the types of photovoltaic (PV) cells and technology used for a rooftop solar system. Solar energy is produced by PV cells exposure to light that is absorbed and converted into electricity. Crystalline silicon to produce PV cells for integrated circuits and microchips and...