- Comments on the Misuse of Terminology in Savant Research: It is not the Sieve of Eratosthenes. Yamaguchi, Makoto // Journal of Autism & Developmental Disorders;Dec2005, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p875
A letter to the editor is presented in response to article about the misuse of terminology in savant research.
- Dyslexic savants. Chakravarty, Ambar // Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology;Jan-Mar2010, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p74
A response by Ambar Chakravarty to a letter to the editor about his article "Taare Zameen Par and Dyslexic Savants" in a 2009 issue is presented.
- Saving savants. Wells, Nick // New Scientist;7/5/2008, Vol. 199 Issue 2663, p21
A letter to the editor in response to the article by Marc Thioux on the necessity of developmental honing in certain savant skills, which was published in an earlier issue is presented.
- Animal savants. Grandin, Temple // New Scientist;3/15/2008, Vol. 197 Issue 2647, p23
A response by Temple Grandin to a letter to the editor about his article on animals similar to autistic savants in the February 23, 2008 issue is presented.
- Computing for idiot savants. Gehl, John // Educom Review;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on technological idiot savants. Growth of self-help books on computing; Spiritual salvation of technological idiot savants; Disadvantage of knowing the `cutting edge'; Technological idiot savants' ability to run a multifaceted organization based on the purity and intensity of a single...
- INCIDENCE OF SAVANT SYNDROME IN FINLAND. Saloviita, Timo; Ruusila, Liisa // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Aug2000, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p120
Explores the incidence of Savant Syndrome in Finland. Survey of facilities in Finland which served people with mental retardation; Relative frequency of types of exceptional skills, the most common form of which was calendar calculation and feats of memory.
- LETTER TO JACQUES-ALAIN MILLER. Voltaire // Symptom;Fall2011, Issue 12, p143
A letter to the editor is presented regarding being omitted as among the references for the work and be dazzled with false savants and false sciences.
- Calculating idiots. // British Medical Journal;10/25/1975, Vol. 4 Issue 5990, p190
Focuses on the diagnosis of idiot savant syndrome. Definition of the syndrome; Methodology in determination of the syndrome; Symptoms of the syndrome; Classification of the syndrome.
- turn off tune in. Carter, Rita // New Scientist;10/09/99, Vol. 164 Issue 2207, p30
Reports on the work of scientists who believe that the minds of autistic savants work better in some areas due to the lack of conceptual cognition. Examples of abilities shown by savants; Details of experiments performed to try and detect which part of the brain is most active in autistic savants.