Diagnosis of Periprosthetic Infection
- Complication of Dimple creation. Saraf, Sanjay; Pillutia, Ramesh // Indian Dermatology Online Journal;2010, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p42
A letter to the editor is presented in which an infection suffered by a female of 27 years of age after a dimple creation surgery is discussed.
- Reply to Letter to the Editor: In Brief: Crowe's Classification: Arthroplasty in Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip. Jawad, Muhammad; Scully, Sean // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Dec2010, Vol. 468 Issue 12, p3427
No abstract available.
- Perioperative Testing for Joint Infection in Patients Undergoing Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;May2010, Vol. 92-A Issue 5, p1314
A letter to the editor and a reply are presented in response to the article "Perioperative Testing for Joint Infection in Patients Undergoing Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty," by M. F. Schinsky and colleagues.
- Postoperative visual loss after plastic surgery: case report and a novel continuous real-time video monitoring system for the eyes during prone surgery. Woodruff, C.; English, M.; Zaouter, C.; Hemmerling, T. M. // BJA: The British Journal of Anaesthesia;Jan2011, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p149
No abstract available.
- Seromas in Cosmetic Surgery. Shiffman, Melvin A. // International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery & Aesthetic Dermatolog;Dec2002, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p293
Seromas occur in a variety of cosmetic surgical procedures. The physician should be aware of their causes, means of prevention, and methods of treatment. A new treatment that has not appeared in the cosmetic surgical literature is to inject room air into the cavity following removal of the fluid...
- Lipo Sucks. Then You Die. CHRISS, LUCINDA // Men's Health;Apr99, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p74
Suggests ways to prevent complications from a liposuction procedure. Health hazards of the surgery; Guidelines to consider before undergoing a liposuction procedure; Physician inquiries.
- A Complication of Cosmetic Surgery. Moon, So Young; Chang, Gregory Youngnam // New England Journal of Medicine;4/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 15, p1549
Presents images of a woman who had complications from cosmetic surgery. Details of the procedure; Complications that the woman experienced; Age of the woman; Description of what each picture shows.
- The Heat Is On! Mann, Denise // Plastic Surgery Practice;Jun2012, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various topics within the issue including plans to deal with calls on cosmetic surgery bans, plastic surgery disasters covered by media and evolving role of cosmetic surgeons. INSET: Editorial Advisory Board.
- Woman shocked after 200 surgeries. // South Asian Post;3/15/2012, p21
The article reports that a 20-year-old Chinese woman "Pink Baby" from Nanjing, China who has undergone more than 200 plastic surgeries has now been told by the doctors that she can't undergo any more procedures since some of her bones have become eroded by injected materials.