Alert fatigue: A lesson relearned
- letter of the week. // Printing World;12/8/2005, Vol. 292 Issue 9, p8
A letter to the editor is presented regarding cathode ray tubes and liquid crystal display screens.
- Date issue: the history. Kemp, Alasdair // Computer Bulletin;Sep1998, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to letters regarding computer date-digit formatting in the May 1998 issue.
- Figuring out the second. Davies, Anthony // Computer Bulletin;Sep1998, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p6
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the issue of computer date formats.
- REPLY TO DU BOFF. Heilbroner, Robert; Bernstein, Peter // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Jun90, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p48
A letter to the editor is presented in response to a review by Richard Du Boff of the book "The Debt and the Deficit" in the December 1989 issue of "Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine."
- REJOINDER BY RICHARD DU BOFF. // Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine;Jun90, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p49
A response by Richard Du Boff to a letter to the editor about his review of Robert Heilbroner's and Peter Bernstein's book "The Debt and the Deficit" in the December 1989 issue of "Monthly Review: An Independent Socialist Magazine."
- Now that's what I call action. // Fire Safety Engineering;Dec2005/Jan2006, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p11
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles published in the previous issue including "Brendan Gately's viewpoint," by Brendan Gately published in the October 2005 issue. A reader also commented on the issues related to the fire service charging for every raised false...
- FIRE detection in HOSPITALS. Fowler, Jim // Fire Safety Engineering;Jul2003, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on the challenges of securing the safety of a captive population in hospitals in Great Britain. Creation of self-contained compartments within the hospital; Limited evacuation; False alarm generators.
- dad's checklist. Smith, Christopher // Australian Parents;Feb/Mar2009, p83
The article offers suggestions for fathers about preparing for a birth. It is advisable that expectant fathers choose a preferred route to hospital, keep the fuel tank topped up and leave their mobile phones on at all times. Keeping a delivery bag packed and ready at all times is important. A...
- PATIENTS GET WIRED AT HOUSTON HOSPITAL. // Health Facilities Management;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p6
Presents information on the digital Pyxis PatientStation, a personal computer that provides entertainment to patients at Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital in Houston, Texas. Features of the information display system; Long-term goal of the hospital for the system.