Rethinking peer review
- Using the native/alien classification for description not prescription: a response to Christopher Preston. Warren, Charles R. // Progress in Human Geography;Oct2009, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p711
A response by Charles R. Warren to a letter to the editor about his article, which used the native and alien classification of species, in the previous issue is presented.
- Molybdenum Exposure and Semen Quality: How Robust Is the Evidence of an Effect? // Environmental Health Perspectives;Sep2009, Vol. 117 Issue 9, pA386
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Cadmium, lead and other metals in relation to semen quality: human evidence for molybdenum as a male reproductive toxicant," by J. D. Meeker and colleagues in the 2008 issue.
- The PRIME Curriculum Clinical research training during residency: Response to Kohlwes et al. Gangat, Nescema // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Sep2006, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p1007
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The Prime Curriculum: Clinical Research During Residency," by R. J. Kohlwes, R. L. Shunk, A. Avins, J. Garber, S. Bent and M. G. Shlipak.
- Response to Gangat. Kohlwes, Jeffery; Shunk, Rebecca; Garber, Jonathan; Shlipak, Michael // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Sep2006, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p1008
A response by Jeffrey Kohlwes et al. to a letter to the editor about their article "The Prime Curriculum: Clinical Research During Residency" in the 2006 issue is presented.
- PHQ-9 and PHQ-2 in Western Kenya. Coyne, James C.; Thombs, Brett J.; Mitchell, Alex J. // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Jul2009, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p890
A letter to the editor is presented in response to a medical research carried out by P.O. Monahan and colleagues, "the PHQ-2 and PHQ-9 were valid/reliable for assessing DSMIV depressive disorders and depression severity among adults living with HIV/AIDS in Western Kenya."
- Letters to the Editor. Rose, Klaus // Applied Clinical Trials;Jan2009, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p14
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on development of clinical trials industry published in the previous issue.
- COMMUNICATIONS TO THE EDITOR . Kurtz, Richard A. // American Sociologist;Feb66, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p85
Presents a letter to the editor on issues related to ethics of sociological research.
- TOWARD MATHEMATICAL INTEGRATION IN SOCIOLOGICAL RESEARCH AND THEORY. Turner, Stephen // American Sociologist;Nov70, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p376
Presents a letter to the editor about the mathematical integration in sociological research and theory.
- The Value of the Population Attributable Risk Percentage. Hill, Gerry B. // American Journal of Public Health;Oct96, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p1483
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article that reviewed the value of the population attributable risk percentage in summarizing the public health implications of epidemiological studies.
- SCIENTIFIC RHETORIC. Penoyer, William W. // BioScience;May1976, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p304
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Knowing, Communicating, and Scientific Rhetoric" by James L. Gooch in the November 1975 issue.