- Short-sea backers seek HMT exemption. Edmonson, R. G. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);11/15/2004, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p40
Reports on the lobbying of the Short-Sea Shipping Cooperative Program (SCOOP) for the Short-Seas Shipping Tax Exemption Act introduced in the U.S. Congress. Request of advocates on the exemption of domestic coastwise shipping from the Harbor Maintenance Tax (HMT); Legislators supporting the...
- Emissions trading â€“ how to avoid action on climate change. Butler, Simon // Green Left Weekly;3/4/2009, Issue 785, p3
In this article the author discusses the issues related to the Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme (CPRS) in Australia. He argues that CPRS was not designed to reducte carbon emissions, but to protect the profit margin of some industries in Australia. The author suggests that the Australian...
- Effectiveness of US state policies in reducing CO2 emissions from power plants. Grant, Don; Bergstrand, Kelly; Running, Katrina // Nature Climate Change;Nov2014, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p977
President Obama's landmark initiative to reduce the CO2 emissions of existing power plants, the nation's largest source of greenhouse gas (GHG) pollutants, depends heavily on states and their ability to devise policies that meet the goals set by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Under...
- Personal liability for IT. Dent, Georgina // BRW;10/30/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p24
The article reports on the emissions legislation that protects information technology specialists against employment downturn. Chief executive officers hold personal liability and a fine of up to $220,000 if they fail the Information Technology system of their company. Other details including...
- Clean motoring. Perry, Tim; Yates, Phil; Robinson, Derek; Handley, Robert; Porter, Andrew; Lander, John; Shea, Gregory; Jeavons, Steven // Engineer (00137758);9/15/2008, Vol. 283 Issue 7756, p20
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Leap of Faith."
- Loss adjustment. Porter, Andrew // Engineer (00137758);3/26/2007, Vol. 293 Issue 7720, p20
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the letter "Costly renewables," by P. Field in the February 26, 2007 issue.
- MOISTURE-VAPOR EMISSIONS TESTING. Joinier, Perry // Concrete International;Jul2004, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p14
Presents a letter to the editor regarding moisture-vapor emissions testing.
- An Alternative Way to Quantify Carbon Dioxide Emissions From Motor Vehicles. Clopton, Joe R. // Journal of College Science Teaching;May/Jun2011, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p8
A letter to the editor about quantifying carbon dioxide emissions from motor vehicles is presented.
- What Readers are Saying…. // Sustainable Business Weekly;11/2/2009, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "California to Charge Companies for Emissions" in the previous issue.