Conflicts of Interest, Authorship, and Disclosures in Industry-Related Scientific Publications
- Editor's Note: Conflicts of Interest at Medical Journals. Tefferi, Ayalew // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Feb2010, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p196
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Conflicts of interest, authorship, and disclosures in industry-related scientific publications: the tort bar and editorial oversight of medical journals," by L. J. Hirsch.
- Conflicts of Interest, Authorship, and Disclosures in Industry-Related Scientific Publications: The Tort Bar and Editorial Oversight of Medical Journals. Hirsh, Laurence J. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Sep2009, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p811
In this article the author discusses conflict of interests, authorship and disclosures in relation to pharmaceutical industry and medical journals. He believes that there has been misconception on the idea of COI in relation to the present scenario. Moreover, he discusses the authorship issues...
- Journal editors toughen conflict of interest rules. Arnold, Matthew // Medical Marketing & Media;Nov2009, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on a revised Uniform Disclosure Form for Potential Conflicts of Interest issued by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) in the U.S. It states that researchers submitting reports to medical journals will fill out a disclosure form to expose potential...
- Competing interests: Judged in perpetuity. Erren, Thomas C. // Nature;8/30/2012, Vol. 488 Issue 7413, p590
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article regarding the full disclosure of competing interests in the 2012 issue.
- Toward More Uniform Conflict Disclosures. Drazen, Jeffrey M.; De Leeuw, Peter W.; Laine, Christine; Mulrow, Cynthia; DeAngelis, Catherine D.; Frizelle, Frank A.; Godlee, Fiona; Haug, Charlotte; Hébert, Paul C.; James, Astrid; Kotzin, Sheldon; Marusic, Ana; Reyes, Humberto; Rosenberg, Jacob; Sahni, Peush; Van Der Weyden, Martin B.; Zhaori, Getu // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;7/14/2010, Vol. 304 Issue 2, p212
The authors discuss modifications to an electronic uniform disclosure form developed by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE). They cite the complexity of the reporting of competing interests as the main reason for modifying the form based on feedback from authors,...
- AFP's Conflict of Interest Policy: Disclosure Is Not Enough. SIWEK, JAY // American Family Physician;2/1/2014, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p165
A response from the author of the article regarding conflict of interest policy of the "American Family Physician" is presented.
- Conflict of interest in medical journals. Johnstone, Chris; Grant, Peter; Sokolova, Liljana; Igić, Rajko; McLaren, Peter // Australian Prescriber;June2015, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p79
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article regarding the need of a policy that forbids the involvement of authors in medical journals with financial conflicts.
- Medical Journal Editors' Conflicts of Interest Largely Undisclosed. Almashat, Sammy // Health Letter;May2015, p1
The article informs that disclosure of editors' conflicts of interest related to the medical journal articles' content as recommended by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) remains inadequate.
- Health Canada's new standards on conflict of interest. Yeates, Neil // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/9/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 8, p900
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about the conflict of interest for advisory body members of the health care system in Canada, which appeared in the previous issue.