- Olympics test NBC mettle. Weisman, Jon // Variety;2/1/2010, Vol. 417 Issue 11, p11
The article examines the NBC television network and its broadcast of the 2010 Winter Olympics held in Vancouver, British Columbia. The central focus of the article is on NBC's opportunity to demonstrate its ability to broadcast with ease and facility despite having overpaid for the rights to the...
- NBC Universal Loads Up on Olympics. REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;1/18/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p2
The article reports that NBC Universal Inc. will offer unprecedented coverage of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Olympic Special. Collis, Clark // Entertainment Weekly;2/26/2010, Issue 1091, p70
The article presents a calendar of television broadcasting of events in the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver, British Columbia to be broadcast February 22-28, 2010 on the NBC Television Network. The women's giant slalom ski race is broadcast February 24. The women's figure skating finals...
- Let the Winter Games Begin! // Scholastic Scope;2/8/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p4
The article offers information on the 21st Winter Olympic Games which is about to begin on February 12-28, 2010 in Vancouver, British Columbia, which will be participated by at least 5,500 athletes from 52 countries to compete in 86 different winter sports events.
- Early gold at Games. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;2/16/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 20, p7
The article focuses on the continuing high ratings of the Vancouver Winter Olympics live coverage by NBC which is attributed to the death of luge racer Nodar Kumaritashvili, sixth overall medal of speedskater Apolo Anton Ohno, and Johnny Spillane winning the first U.S. medal in Nordic combined.
- APTN celebrates their golden opportunity. Thompson, Isha // Windspeaker;Mar2010, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p9
The article reports that 23 Aboriginal announcers have been hired by the Aboriginal Peoples Television Network (APTN) to broadcast the 2010 Winter Olympic Games coverage in eight Aboriginal languages in Canada. It states that OMNI Television and Asian Television Network (ATN) are the two...
- Broadcast Videohub. Lewis, Tim // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Dec2010, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p36
The article reports on the application of serial digital interface (SDI) Videohub routers from Blackmagic Design P/L for covering the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, British Columbia. It highlights the establishment of the BC Media Centre (BCMC) in addition to the International Broadcast...
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Skiing;Sep2003, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p44
Presents statistics related to skiing. Value of the broadcast rights to the two Olympics, including the 2010 Winter Games acquired by the National Broadcasting Corp.; Percent increase in November -December skier visits to U.S. southeastern ski resorts; Miles per hour reached by Australian...
- Peacock's payoff primed by 2010 Vancouver Games. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/3/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 62, p1
Reports on the coverage of the 2010 Winter Olympics by the National Broadcasting Cor. Inc. Impact of the victory of Vancouver, British Columbia in the bidding of the 2010 event on NBC; Delay in the NBC coverage of the 2000 Winter Olympics held in Australia; Estimation of the license fee...