- Fixing Mutual Fund America. // NACD Directorship;Feb2006, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p22
Presents an interview with John C. Bogle, founder and former CEO of the Vanguard Mutual Fund Group and author of the book "The Battle for the Soul of Capitalism." His objection to the growing control of fund management companies by large financial conglomerates; Further reforms that would...
- The Wall Street Rip Off. // Multinational Monitor;May/Jun2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p15
An interview with John Bogle, the founder and retired chief executive officer (CEO) of the Vanguard Group, is presented. When asked about his complaint with the manner in which the mutual fund industry operates, he cites that he considers the industry to be a marketing business. He discusses the...
- Does Capital Income Builder Deserve Your Patience? // Morningstar Fund Family Reports: American Funds;Dec2009, Issue 79, p1
The article reports on how to strategically invest on the American equity-income fund Capital Income Builder. It probes on the claim over the fund's returns, distributions, market volatility and performance. It notes on the applicability of the tactics advocated by investors Jack Bogle and Ben...
- Letters. WILSON, LANCE; RIVAS, ERNIE; SIMONS, KRIS; KELASH, PAUL; WAUGAMAN, WENDY; O'BRIEN, KIM; GOODIN, MICHAEL B.; CLARK, LISA; ENGEN, DAVID; GABEL, CAROL L. // Money;Mar2011, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p14
Letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the January/February 2011 issue including "Resist the Charms of Gold," by Janice Revell, "The Young and the Riskless," and "Getting the Big Stuff Right."
- More Common Sense from Jack Bogle. // Morningstar Fund Family Reports: Vanguard;Dec2009, Issue 79, p1
The article focuses on the lessons from vanguard mutual funds discussed in the first and second editions of the book "Common Sense on Mutual Funds," by John C. Bogle. It notes that portfolio decisions must be based on the market's historic returns sources while actively managed funds fail to...
- Blaine 10; NcuA 0. Brooks, Bill // Credit Union Times;2/2/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Blaine Takes on NCUA," in a previous issue of the journal.
- LETTERS. // Money Management;6/16/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p13
Presents letters to the editor commenting about the portfolio management issues published in the June 2005 issue of the journal "Money Management."
- Hedge of Thorns. Strader, Leighton // Forbes Global;6/7/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p8
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "The Sleaziest Show on Earth," published in the May 24, 2004 issue of the periodical "Forbes Global."
- LETTERS TO THE EDITOR. Poutsiaka, William J. // Pensions & Investments;1/22/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "King of quants" in the January 8, 2007 issue.