- HR needs to stick to its role as defender of the business. Elms, Joanna; Higgins, Nicholas; Shrimpton, Rosie; Rentoul, Anthony // Personnel Today;7/1/2008, p14
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Orme: My Results Will Speak for Themselves," in June 10, 2008 issue, "Off Message," in the May 27, 2008 issue, and the "Friend of the family," in the June 17, 2008 issue.
- Remember members. Yarlett, Peter // People Management;6/26/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 13, p15
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Jackie Orme, in the June 12, 2008 issue is presented.
- week on the web. // Personnel Today;10/16/2007, p4
The article presents news briefs related to the personnel management published online by the journal "Personnel Today." An influential group of legislators in Great Britain has raised questions over the reliability of efficiency savings claimed by the government. The recruitment of junior...
- HR is now entering 'era of business', says Orme. // People Management;11/25/2010, p11
The article features Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) chief executive officer (CEO) Jackie Orme and her keynote address during the CIPD conference that was held in Manchester, England in 2010, discussing the economic condition in Great Britain and the opportunities it...
- HR gets down to serious business. // Human Resources (09648380);Apr2009, p56
Information about the topics discussed at the Ceridian's Executive Forum in London, England is presented. During the event, Jackie Orme of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) said that human resource (HR) personnel should focus on looking after the long-term health of the...
- When talent is a luxury. Reeves, Richard // Management Today;Aug2008, p24
The article offers updates on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), a professional body for people who are involved in personnel training and development in Great Britain. It highlights the appointment of its new chief executive Jackie Orme and several launches of its...
- Whitehall HR urged to get ready for storm. Churchard, Claire // People Management;6/17/2010, p8
The article reports on the warning stated by Conservative Party adviser Peter Gershon that human resources (HR) practitioners across Whitehall should be adequately equipped to prepare departments for the impact of the British government's cost-reduction programme. The scheme will involve only...
- CIPD calls on HR to help jobless people find work. BROCKETT, JAMES // People Management;11/11/2010, p7
The article focuses on the statement of Jackie Orme, chief executive of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), about the role of the human resource personnel in helping the government of Great Britain to find jobs for people by hiring from the ranks of benefit claimants.
- A 'generational change' for the HR profession. MacLachlan, Rob // People Management;11/19/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p6
The article emphasizes the changes needed for the human resource (HR) profession in Great Britain. It highlights the proposed changes to HR profession, including the revision of professional standards, a simplified Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) membership structure and...