- Prospect of ITV Rules Irks Time Warner. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p65
Deals with the threat posed by a proposal submitted by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to the performance of Time Warner Cable in April 2005. Impact of the proposal on the efforts of the company to combine television programming and Web content; Remarks from Time Warner on the...
- Time Warner blames FCC for fiscal troubles. GF // Broadcasting & Cable;5/9/94, Vol. 124 Issue 19, p13
Reports on Times Warner Cable's criticism of the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) rate regulation. Capital-spending reduction in 1994; Rollout of fiber to nodes; Contract to purchase digital-capable convertor boxes from Scientific-Atlanta; Projected decline in cable cash flow.
- TW Cable sets $4 bil upgrade. DiOrio, Carl // Hollywood Reporter;8/4/95, Vol. 338 Issue 19, p7
Reports on Time Warner Cable's agreement to a $4 billion upgrade of its domestic cable systems and certain other conditions of a proposed social contract to address complaints leveled by the Federal Communications Commission. Subscriber refunds from the company's Time Warner Inc. unit;...
- TWC Presses FCC on Retrans. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;10/28/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 41, p24
The article focuses on the comment submitted by Time Warner Cable (TWC) on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's ruling on its retransmission-consent fight with CBS, where it reiterated that the issues associated with retransmission remains despite on the regulator's ruling on the case.
- FCC Vacates MSO Fines Over Switched Digital Video. // Multichannel News;7/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p26
The article focuses on the orders vacated by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) fining Time Warner Cable and Cox Communications for deploying switched digital video.
- FCC Deregulates TWC Cable Rates in Hawaii. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;12/9/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p20
The article informs that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has voided the ability to regulate basic cable rates of Hawaii as of December 2013 and has declared that Oceanic Time Warner Cable system from telecommunication company Time Warner Cable Inc. is subject to competition.
- TW promises new deal for customers. Dempsey, John // Variety;8/7/95, Vol. 360 Issue 1, p21
Reports about Time Warner Cable signing a contract with Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for better customer service following complaints from FCC. Similar deal between FCC and Continental Cablevision four months ago.
- Talkback. Stogner, Charlie // Multichannel News;12/21/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p34
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Time Warner Cable Updates Get Tough Ad Campaign" in the December 15, 2009 issue, "Mixed Picture: HD Penetration Up, But Viewer Confusion Persist" in the December 15, 2009 issue, and "NCTA's...
- Washington watch. Albiniak; Rathbun, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;11/29/99, Vol. 129 Issue 49, p20
Reports developments in the broadcasting industry in the United States as of November 1999. Includes studies on the interference of low power frequency modulation with low power radio stations; Reallocation and clean-up auctions of spectrum by FCC company; Appointment of Timothy Boggs as senior...