- Why the deal? Szalai, Georg; Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;11/13/2009, Vol. 412 Issue 15, p24
The article reports that Comcast Corp.'s plan to acquire 51% of NBC Universal Inc. could transform the way content owners and distributors do business. Sanford Bernstein analyst Michael Nathanson suggests that Comcast could use NBC Universal to push for a better video on demand (VOD) system for...
- NBC Universal Merger May Shift Distribution Paradigm. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/14/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p13
The article reports that the distribution of movies through video-on-demand and electronic sellthrough may change following the planned merger between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal. According to Comcast chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Roberts and chief operating officer (COO) Steve Burke...
- Comcast Buy of NBC Universal Could Position VOD Ahead of DVD. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;10/12/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p11
The article discusses the impact of the possible acquisition of NBC Universal by Comcast. According to reports, Comcast and NBC Universal could form an entertainment company that will control Universal Pitures, Universal Studios Home Entertainment, and some cable channels. Pre-acquisition...
- Unusual Allies Back NBCU Combo. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;5/17/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p30
The article reports on the merger of two biggest cable network companies of U.S. including Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.
- Bridging the digital divide. STAMATIS, BILL // American Teacher;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that in October 2011, Comcast's acquisition of NBC Universal came with the stipulation that it joins the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to provide affordable Internet access to low income families and children in the U.S., a program called Internet Essentials.
- An Opportunity for Diversity. LIggins, Alfred // Multichannel News;1/17/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p23
In this article the author discusses the benefits of the proposed merger between media companies Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. for independent and minority-owned television programmers and filmmakers in the U.S., particularly in the promotion of independent and diverse programming.
- Comcast Deal Boosts Media. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 28, p28
The article reports on the implications of the proposed merger of Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.
- Comcast OK near, with conditions. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;12/28/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 58, p3
The article reports on a series of conditions issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the proposed joint venture between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.
- Diversity again focus at Comcast-Uni event. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;7/9/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 22, p2
The article focuses on the opinions of witnesses like Reverend Jesse Jackson on the merged Comcast Corp.-NBC Universal Inc. during their road show in Chicago, Illinois.