- Doing Good in the Community. Holmes, Genma Stringer // Tennessee Tribune;2/10/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p4A
In this article, the author reflects on the significance of doing community service.
- Great Leaders Are Great Listeners. Smith, Robert G. // MWorld;Fall2013, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p48
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including servant leadership and a survey titled "Leading in a Worldwide Market," seminars of American Management Association."
- Leadership Forum Update. // Alabama Lawyer;May2012, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p171
The article focuses on leadership with emphasis to servant leadership in this period of uncertainty and change and also discusses the conventions and meetings held in Alabama regarding the leadership skills required for the practice of law.
- Servant-Leaders. Spears, Larry // Personal Excellence Essentials;Feb2010, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p14
The article describes the characteristics that servant leaders share, including empathy, conceptualization, and stewardship.
- Taking the lead. Shoemaker, Barbara L. // McKnight's Assisted Living;Aug2012, p6
The article presents the insights of author Mohan Nair on leadership along with tips on transforming oneself which include admitting a mojo dysfunction, creating a solid work platform, and committing to servant leadership.
- Innovations and Ethics. Greenstein, Marla N. // Judges' Journal;Winter2015, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p40
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including innovative approaches to judicial decision making, applying the concept of servant-leader on judges and judge's sensitivity to persons who come before courts.
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP AND EMPLOYEE COMMITMENT TO A SUPERVISOR. Sokoll, Shane // International Journal of Leadership Studies;Spring2014, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p88
A relationship between employee commitment to a supervisor and reduced levels of employee turnover has been found in previous research studies (Vandenberghe & Bentein, 2009). Since turnover is often associated with high costs, understanding how to retain valuable human resource talent is of...
- New Managers Need a Philosophy About How They'll Lead. Walker, Carol A. // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;9/15/2015, p2
The article stresses the need for managers to have a philosophy about how they lead and presents insights on the idea of servant leadership.
- What's Really Wrong with Corporate America? Nash-Hoff, Michele // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jan2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p38
In today's marketplace, a company must provide or add value to acquire a place in the global supply chain of goods and services. Michele Nash-Hoff discusses a book that guides companies in ways to design or redesign their organization for the sake of others. The book is "a guidebook on how a...