A modern move
- Letter of the weekâ€¦. Atkin, Lisa; Causon, Jo; Upcraft, Kate; Hollington, Simon // Personnel Today;6/19/2007, p16
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one focusing on shortcomings of managers, in the May 22, 2007 issue, another focusing on laws of paternity leave, and yet another focusing on team work in business, in the May 15, 2007 issue.
- Pregnant Surgical Residents: Oh K?! Bohlmann, Brian J. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;10/23/91-10/30/91, Vol. 266 Issue 16, p2222
Presents a letter to the editor in the October 23, 1991 issue of the 'Journal of the American Medical Association,' noting concerns about pregnancy during postgraduate training and the insufficient attention given to the implementation of family leave policies.
- From Readers. Venturelli, Kathy; Charleton, Ellen B. // HR Magazine;Aug2008, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p17
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Noble Headache," in the July 2008 issue and "Venturing Abroad," in the June 2008 issue.
- New Jersey enacts family leave law. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec90, Vol. 11 Issue 65, p29
Focuses on the Family Leave Act of New Jersey which was enacted into law on May 4, 1990. Requirement for private employers in the state to grant unpaid leave to parents of newborn or adopted children, or employees needing time off to care for a seriously ill parent, child or spouse.
- Location determines family leave act. // National Petroleum News;Sep93, Vol. 85 Issue 10, p24
Presents a formula for marketers to circumvent the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) via strategic use of location. Application of law; Illustration of how location determines the impact of FMLA; Adverse implication of FMLA.
- Veto of parental leave bill may hurt families. Dervarics, C. // Single Parent;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p11
Discusses President George Bush's veto of parental leave legislation. Pros and cons of the legislation; Popular support of the bill.
- Ten years old, the FMLA still poses complications. Smith, Shawn // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/7/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 27, p4
Focuses on the complications of the United States Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Key provisions of the regulation; Challenges in relation to the administration and interpretation of the FMLA.
- Proposals to extend family-leave law converge on Capitol Hill. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Aug96, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p11
Reports on US President Bill Clinton's proposed legislation that would require employers to give workers time off to deal with family matters by letting them take compensatory time off instead of overtime pay. Effort to help families whose work schedules conflict with ordinary family-care...
- Swap shop. Welch, Matthew // Commercial Motor;3/24/2011, Vol. 214 Issue 5425, p26
A summary is presented of the Additional Paternity Leave (APL) Regulations 2010 to be implemented in Great Britain for babies born on or after April 3, 2011.