Leave ruling alone
- Share the sick leave -- not the Flu. Bryant, Chris J. // Australian Nursing Journal;Oct2008, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p5
A letter to the editor about a scheme where people with a lot of accumulated sick leave can share it among their colleagues who may have run out of leave.
- LETTERS to the EDITOR. Mader, Lori // New Hampshire Business Review;3/12/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p18
A letter to the editor is presented which expresses the importance of sick leave payment in the U.S.
- THE URBAN AGENDA. Jones, David R. // New York Amsterdam News;4/15/2010, Vol. 101 Issue 16, p5
The article reports on the essentiality of a health reform on paid sick leave to give all employees the right to enjoy nine days of sick leave a year for those who work for large businesses and five days a year for those of small businesses in New York City.
- Overview of the NYC Earned Sick Time Act. Margolis, Hadley // Journal of the CPA Practitioner;Apr/May2014, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p19
A summary is presented on the Earned Sick Time Act of New York City, which will take effect on April 1, 2014.
- Conn. Passes Paid Sick Leave Law. // JCK;Sep2011, Vol. 142 Issue 8, p44
The article reports that Connecticut becomes the first state in the U.S. to require companies to provide hourly workers with paid sick leave.
- California Employers Are Required to Provide Paid Sick Leave Beginning July 2015. Jayakumar, Jehan; Carlson, Keith; Dos Santos, Jasmine // California Chiropractic Association Journal;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p11
The article discusses the Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act of 2014 signed by California Gov. Jerry Brown into law on September 10, 2014 requiring employers to annually provide at least 3 days of paid sick leave to their employees. While the Act permits employees to accrue paid sick leave...
- SICK AND FIRED. Elliot, David // Progressive Populist;5/1/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the sick leave reform proposed by the Maine Women's Lobby and Maine People's Alliance which require employers to provide three to six paid sick days per year to their employees as part of the advanced quality health care reform in the U.S.
- ASK THE LAWYER: MASSACHUSETTS SICK LEAVE LAW. // Professional Contractor;Winter2015, p19
The article presents questions and answers related to the Sick Leave Law in Massachusetts including whether employees with fewer than 11 employees should provide earned sick time, the Earned Sick Time Law, and paid sick time.
- Self-certification. Kearns, J.L. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);4/10/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6322, p1132
Presents guidelines for doctors regarding self-certification in Great Britain. Abolition of short-term certification; Introduction of the Employers Statutory Sick Pay Scheme; Procedures for dealing with absence attributed to sickness.