Is the tail wagging the dog?
- The future of medical education in the UK. Gibbs, Trevor // British Journal of General Practice;Dec2010, Vol. 60 Issue 581, p930
A letter to the editor about healthcare education in Great Britain is presented.
- Readers React. Griffith, Warren; Kagan, Jeffrey M.; Barnett, Jewell M.; Goldfarb, James M.; Hanauer, Lonnie; Failing, Robert Mayo // Medical Economics;12/1/2006, Vol. 83 Issue 23, p19
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in the previous issues including "The Day Joy Died" in the October 20, 2006 issue, "Competitionâ€”Just a Phone Call Away" in the October 20, 2006, and an article about a medical course offered at the University of...
- SUNY's health care programs grow. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/15/95, Vol. 42 Issue 20, p26
Reports on the growing number of students enrolling in health care courses offered by SUNY Stony Brook's School of Health Technology & Management in Long Island, New York. Health care courses offered include medical technology, physical therapy and respiratory care.
- Learning to survive. Cerne, Frank // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;9/5/95, Vol. 69 Issue 17, p47
Suggests that continuing education is helping health care managers adapt in a managed care environment. Features of the Leadership Henry Ford; Kaiser's development of a mini masters of business administration (MBA) course for middle managers; Training in physician-hospital integration offered...
- AMC's New Vision students kick off new school year. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;10/9/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 239, pA10
The article reports that a fresh group of students have entered the New Vision program at Adirondack Medical Center, which offers a career in health care in Saranac Lake, New York.
- EDUCATION NEWS. // Monroe County Clarion;7/20/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 31, pA6
The article offers education news briefs in Monroe County, Illinois as of July 20, 2011 including the announcement of the recipients of the yearly health care scholarships of St. Elizabeth's Hospital Auxiliary and the passing of eight Southwestern Illinois College students in a certified drafter...
- Symptoms Research: A Fertile Field. Kroenke, Kurt; Harris, Lisa // Annals of Internal Medicine;05/01/2001 Part 2, Vol. 134 Issue 9, p801
Comments on the need to enhance awareness of the possibilities and challenges in studying symptoms. Description and importance of symptoms and their understanding; Selection of a broad range of topics; Historical perspectives of modern practice; Measurement issues relevant to symptoms research;...
- Program out to pique students' interest in health care careers. Robinson, Ruthann // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the collaboration of the Akron Public Schools, hospitals, and area universities in Ohio to address the shortage of health care workers by giving minorities exposure to careers in the medical field. Hospital visits program; Exploration of the health care career opportunities;...
- When Your Doctor Dumps You. Conn, Doyt L.; Miller, Don // Arthritis Today;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p94
Addresses questions about arthritis. Condition for seeking a second opinion; Drug-related hair loss; Explanations for CREST syndrome; Information on inflammatory arthritis.