Slogan smoke screen
- WE NEED TO ASSESS ENGLISH LANGUAGE SKILLS PROPERLY. Majola, Deborah // Nursing Standard;11/25/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p32
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article â€œReflections,â€ in the September 23, 2009 issue.
- Further migrant worker restrictions no cause for alarm. // Personnel Today;9/15/2009, p2
The article reports that according to Gerwyn Davies, public policy adviser at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, British government's new measures to restrict the movement of migrant workers to protect British jobs will not affect the employers.
- Remote working. // Public Finance;Sep2015, Issue 9, p49
The article reports that the number of foreign nationals working in Great Britain has declined from 2009 to 2015, however the number of European migrants has been increasing.
- Blood, sweat and fears. PENDROUS, RICK // Food Manufacture;May2008, Vol. 83 Issue 5, p3
In this article the author offers his opinion on the importance of migrant workers for the food industry of Great Britian. He opines that this industry cannot function without these hard working, motivated and often highly educated workforce. He is agianst the restrictions imposed by the...
- Number of Bulgarian, Romanian workers in UK swelling. // Regional Today;8/14/2014, p1
The article reports on the 9% increase in the number of Romanian and Bulgarian workers in Great Britain as of August 2014, according to the report of the publication the "Daily Telegraph."
- BANBURY ROAD. COLANZI, LILIANA // Michigan Quarterly Review;Fall2014, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p575
An excerpt from the book "Vacaciones Permanentes," by Liliana Colanzi, translated by Heather Cleary, is presented, depicting the life of a foreign worker in England.
- Political notebook. // Nursing Standard;2/22/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 25, p10
The number of nurses recruited from overseas to work in England dropped by 75 per cent between 2004 and 2011, partly due to the introduction of a global code of practice on international recruitment, the House of Lords heard.
- ROAD TAX FOR FOREIGN HAULIERS. // Accountancy;Apr2012, Vol. 148 Issue 1424, p33
The article reports that the British government has announced a scheme that will levy a time-based charge on foreign truck drivers for using roads in Great Britain.
- Soup supplier next to be hit in Borders Agency crackdown. Zuke, Elinor // Grocer;10/16/2010, Vol. 233 Issue 7977, p12
The article reports on the investigation by the British Borders Agency of soup supplier JoubÃ¨re for employing illegal workers following the arrest of eight men during a raid at its processing site in London, England.