LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
- Re: A Cross-Sectional Study of Private Psychiatric Practices Under a Single-Payer Health Care System. Smith, Derryck H. // Canadian Journal of Psychiatry;May98, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p524
A letter to the editor concerning a cross-sectional study of private psychiatric practices under a single-payer health care system is presented.
- Author Responds. Anderson, Keith // Canadian Journal of Psychiatry;May98, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p524
A response by Keith Anderson to a letter to the editor regarding the comments of Dr. Smith on their article concerning a cross-sectional study of private psychiatric practices under a single-payer health care system is presented.
- Letter to the editor. Brown, Larry L.; Carbon, Glen // St. Clair Journal;6/8/2011, Vol. 6 Issue 25, pA7
A letter to the editor is presented about the need of a single-payer health care system in the U.S.
- Letter to the editor. Brown, Larry L. // Granite City Press-Record;6/8/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 46, pA7
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the need for the U.S. to adopt a single-payer health care system.
- Support Single-Payer Health Care. Walworth, Mary // ASHA Leader;9/22/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p4
A letter to the editor is presented discussing the role of speech-language professionals in working for single-payer health care.
- Labor Campaign for Single-Payer. // Massachusetts Nurse Advocate;Mar2010, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p2
The article focuses on the letter from the Labor Campaign for Single Payer, nurses, doctors and other health care advocates to President Barack Obama on better approaches to health care reform that bring down the deficit, cover the uninsured and bring down premiums in the U.S.
- WHAT AILS DOCTORS. Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;Nov2009, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p42
The article discusses the health care debate in the U.S. from the point of view of doctors in North Carolina. It reports that though they agree that the system is unsustainable and needs change, they are divided on the extent that change should occur. It states that on one end, there is the idea...
- Health care fix. Dorrien, Gary // Christian Century;7/14/2009, Vol. 126 Issue 14, p12
The author discusses how a single-payer insurance system is not being considered for U.S. health care reforms. He suggests a single-payer system could function like Medicaid but would not violate the Fifth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution or constitute socialized medicine. He comments on how...
- States Stepping Toward Single-Payer. Smith, Donna // National Nurse;Nov2010, Vol. 106 Issue 9, p9
The article reports on the significant victories of several political candidates who were the advocates of single-payer health care in the midterm 2010 elections in the U.S. It notes that these candidates include Democrat Peter Shumlin in Vermont, Representative Neil Abercrombie in Hawaii and...