LETTERS TO THE EDITOR
- Letter to the editor. Brown, Larry L.; Carbon, Glen // St. Clair Journal;6/8/2011, Vol. 6 Issue 25, pA7
A letter to the editor is presented about the need of a single-payer health care system in the U.S.
- Letter to the editor. Brown, Larry L. // Granite City Press-Record;6/8/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 46, pA7
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the need for the U.S. to adopt a single-payer health care system.
- Re: A Cross-Sectional Study of Private Psychiatric Practices Under a Single-Payer Health Care System. Smith, Derryck H. // Canadian Journal of Psychiatry;May1998, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p524
A letter to the editor concerning a cross-sectional study of private psychiatric practices under a single-payer health care system is presented.
- Author Responds. Anderson, Keith // Canadian Journal of Psychiatry;May1998, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p524
A response by Keith Anderson to a letter to the editor regarding the comments of Dr. Smith on their article concerning a cross-sectional study of private psychiatric practices under a single-payer health care system is presented.
- Support Single-Payer Health Care. Walworth, Mary // ASHA Leader;9/22/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p4
A letter to the editor is presented discussing the role of speech-language professionals in working for single-payer health care.
- WHAT AILS DOCTORS. Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;Nov2009, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p42
The article discusses the health care debate in the U.S. from the point of view of doctors in North Carolina. It reports that though they agree that the system is unsustainable and needs change, they are divided on the extent that change should occur. It states that on one end, there is the idea...
- Health care fix. Dorrien, Gary // Christian Century;7/14/2009, Vol. 126 Issue 14, p12
The author discusses how a single-payer insurance system is not being considered for U.S. health care reforms. He suggests a single-payer system could function like Medicaid but would not violate the Fifth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution or constitute socialized medicine. He comments on how...
- Healthcare reform. Kuhar, Mark S. // LocumLife;Aug2009, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p3
The author offers insights on the proposed healthcare reform in the U.S. He believes that healthcare reform will not come easy with the differing opinions of the Physicians for a National Health Program, who are advocating for a single-payer system, the Doctors for American advocating for the...
- Labor Campaign for Single-Payer. // Massachusetts Nurse Advocate;Mar2010, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p2
The article focuses on the letter from the Labor Campaign for Single Payer, nurses, doctors and other health care advocates to President Barack Obama on better approaches to health care reform that bring down the deficit, cover the uninsured and bring down premiums in the U.S.