- Short term pain equals long term financial gain. Black, Joan // Saskatchewan Sage;Jan2000, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on the benefits of financial planning. Steps of effective financial planning; Advantages of availing life insurance; Components of financial planning.
- Unexpected makes advanced financial planning a must. Scott, Nike // San Diego Business Journal;12/15/97, Vol. 18 Issue 50, p37
Emphasizes that financial planning is a necessity for children of married couples. How to make a will statement; Author's advise to educate ourselves about life insurance policies and to secure children with it; Discussion of the trend in marriages.
- Using 'ChOLI' To Spice Up A Planned Giving Program. Allen, James R. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/3/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 49, p6
Deals with the charity owned life insurance (ChOLI) form of charitable giving technique that can be incorporated into a financial or estate plan. Advantages of the ChOLI program; Factors to consider when designing the technique; Tax benefits of the approach.
- Life Insurance And Charitable Giving: A Timeless Mindset. Brink, Michael J.; Clontz, Bryan K. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/3/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 49, p11
Discusses the factors charitable producers should consider when incorporating charitable ideas into life insurance. Role of a fact-finding process in charitable discussion; Description of a wealth replacement strategy; Design of the Benefit Exchange or SERP Swap concept.
- Funding a Buy-Sell Agreement. Meager, Alan // Advisor Today;May2001, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p12
Offers tips to funding a buy-sell agreement. Alternative source of funding; Downside of installment buyouts; Advantage of life insurance funding over installment payments.
- Life Insurance Needs Analysis without Numbers. Cordell, David M. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p32
The article discusses life insurance as a dull but necessary component of an individual's financial planning. The author observes that while many people get excited about investing in mutual funds, life insurance inspires no such enthusiasm. He notes that after he became a father he bought...
- Reps Lack Sales Skills. Mitchel, James O. // Advisor Today;Jun2004, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p50
Reveals that the selling skills of financial advisors are slipping. Discovery of the fact that agents are not asking for referrals from their existing clients; Focus of agents on selling accumulation products than life insurance; Excessive use of sales illustrations in promoting life insurance.
- Taxation of Life Insurance: Understand the Issues to Avoid Mistakes. Gibbons, Pettus C. ("Pete") // Journal of Practical Estate Planning;Jun2007, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p27
The article discusses several issues related to the taxation of life insurance in the U.S. Several case studies are presented to illustrate issues that arise in planning life insurance. There is a need to review the terms of the credit shelter trust to determine if the trustee has the right to...
- Six Killer Mistakes on Life Insurance. Palmer, Kimberly // U.S. News & World Report;Jul2009, Vol. 146 Issue 6, p60
The article offers personal finance advice on life insurance policies. A series of common mistakes said to be made by consumers about life insurance, such as failure to change a policy in the event of a significant personal event such as the birth of a child, are presented. These errors are said...