The welfare state
- Golden Years. DING, MENCIUS // Forbes Asia;Aug2012, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Golden Rule For Prosperity" in the July 2012 issue.
- Letters. Kanefield, Eliana; Fleischhacker, Michael // Washington Jewish Week;8/11/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 32, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Seeing the Real Israel" in the August 4, 2011 issue and "With Protests, Israelis Seek the Revival of Welfare State" in the August 4, 2011 issue.
- CORRESPONDENCE. MARTINEZ, MARIE; TALLON, HUGH J. // America;11/26/1949, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p264
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including one by George Lincoln Emerson on housework and "Washington Front" in the November 5, 1949 issue.
- letters to the editor. Givens, Austen; Shadwick, Floyd H.; Hudak, K. Christopher // National Review;4/24/2006, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p2
The article presents several letters to the editor concerning articles in previous issues, including "Terror on Trial," "A Better Deal," both from the April 10, 2006 issue, as well as comments about topics in "The Week" from the April 10, 2006 issue.
- CORRESPONDENCE. MacDougall, Carmen E.; Zaretsky, Eli; Kulick, Gilbert D.; Westberg, M. Victor; Favish, Allan; Christenson, Philip // New Republic;3/10/97, Vol. 216 Issue 10, p6
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues. "Anti-Social Security," which elaborated the cause of political vulnerability of U.S. welfare state; "Good Riddance," which reviewed the book "Armand Hammer," by Edward Epstein; "One Bite at the...
- Correspondence. Drunga, Mykolas J.; Johnson, Walter; Mellema, Wilbur; Becker, James L.; Belfrage, Cedric; Adler, Steve // New Republic;4/14/79, Vol. 180 Issue 15, p3
Presents letters to the editor published in the April 14, 1979 issue of the periodical "The New Republic". Stanley Kauffman's review of Paul Schrader's motion picture "Hardcore"; Glenn Tinder's defense of the welfare state in the United States; Price paid by journalists for the publication of...
- The Norwegian welfare state on the threshold of a new century. Botten, Grete; Elvbakken, Kari Tove; Kildal, Nanna // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Mar2003, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p81
Editorial. Assesses the strength of Norway as a welfare state in the 21st century. Primary functions of a welfare state; Overview of the financial foundation of Norway; Dominant welfare issues in the nation's health care sector during 1990s; Details of the ten year program for welfare research...
- For the love of country. Himmelfarb, Gertrude // Commentary;May97, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p34
Offers a look on why the American people had rejected the welfare state. Action done by the conservative groups and liberals in reaction to the welfare state; Problem with the welfare state and civil society; Unfortunate consequences of the welfare state; How the love of country invests their...
- The economics of the Welfare State. Atkinson, Anthony Barnes // American Economist;Fall 1996, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p5
Discusses the economic impact of Welfare State. The author's reservations about the direction of some writing by economists on Welfare State; Purpose of the Welfare State; Empirical evidence and its interpretation; Theory of economic growth; Position of elderly with disabilities who need...