New powers for naturopaths
- Hepatitis C Practice Routines Among Connecticut's Naturopathic Physicians. Jacoby, Daniel // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep2001, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p2801
Presents a letter to the editor on a study that will survey a sample of naturopathic physicians to determine routine practices for hepatitis C virus (HCV) screening, assess awareness of HCV risk factors, and determine commonly prescribed complementary and alternative medicine therapies for HCV,...
- Naturopaths and prescription drugs. Wong, H. C. George // British Columbia Medical Journal;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p263
A letter to the editor about the plan by the British Columbia government to increase the scopes of naturopaths is presented.
- IN MEMORIAM: Friedhelm Kirchfeld 1940-2011. Smith, Tyler // HerbalGram;Feb-Apr2012, Issue 93, p75
An obituary for naturopath scholar Friedhelm Kirchfeld is presented.
- Naturopaths. Weber, Linda // Natural Health;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p146
Presents information on naturopaths, a primary care physicians identified as a natural doctor. Indepth look at the role of naturopaths; Information on the training program for naturopathic doctors; How they compare to M.D.s,; What happens during a visit to a naturopathic doctor; Details on...
- Naturopathic Shakedown: Show Your Support. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jul2003, Issue 249, p14
Focuses on the need for naturopathic physicians in British Columbia to protect their scope of practice from government regulations. Proposal that naturopathic physicians be unable to perform techniques included in their expertise; Implication of the move on consumers.
- New Hampshire to license naturopaths. // NCAHF Newsletter (08903417);Jul/Aug95, Vol. 18 Issue 4, NCAHF Bulletin Board p1
Reports on American states that provide licenses for naturopaths.
- Alternative Medicine. // Alaska Business Monthly;Jun2000, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p27
Reports on the practice of naturopathic medicine in Alaska. Number of naturopathic physicians practicing in the state; State requirements from practicing naturopaths.
- Home remedies. Vukovic, Laurel // Natural Health;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p126
Presents tips on natural healing from five leading naturopaths in the United States. Home remedies for various health problems; Ingredients; Preparation; Recommended use.
- My close encounters with three doctors of natural medicine. J.G. // Good Housekeeping;Sep98, Vol. 227 Issue 3, p100
Relates the author's separate consultations with three doctors of natural medicine to ask about what is causing her fatigue. Description of the naturopaths' offices; Suggestion that the patient could be suffering from a DHEA deficit; Prescription of a regimen of 19 supplements a day;...