- New supervisory approaches. Nelson, Andre // Supervision;Feb92, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p8
Argues on the supervisory approaches used as a guidance by supervisors and managers. Concepts involved on the approaches; Employees' expectations on the job; Factors influencing the differing perceptions of the workers job-related needs; Reasons why workers' expectations are a contrast to...
- What does your staff think of you? // Supervisory Management;Nov94, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p16
Discusses the use of questionnaires to determine the perspectives of the staff about a person's management style.
- The ultimate frustration. Dreyer, R. // Supervision;May91, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p22
Presents the problem faced by Flager Pharmaceuticals in its Shipping Department. Reactions of Joe Marino, supervisor of the company's Shipping Department why many of his staff transfer to other departments; Actions done by the company's human resources managers to solve the problem; Comments of...
- Giving--and getting--feedback. // Supervisory Management;Jan94, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p4
Emphasizes the importance of getting management performance feedback from staffers. Advice from researcher Clinton Longnecker in `Levinson Letter' publication.
- Surveying for excellence. Strugatch, Warren // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/12/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 19, p31A
Provides an overview on businesses' use of 360 degree assessment method to evaluate their lateral management. Tabulation and assessment of questionnaires filled out by employees to help managers identify their strengths and weaknesses; Questionnaires developed by the Center for Creative...
- Female boss, bad review. Jones, Marian M. // Psychology Today;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on employee evaluates a female or black manager. Study on interpersonal skills with male undergraduates; Reason why undergraduates' rating of managers were different.
- LETTERS. // Foreign Service Journal;Jul2011, Vol. 88 Issue 7/8, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Toward a More Perfect Union," by Ted Wilkinson in the March 2011 issue, "Good Supervision Leads to a Good EER Season," by Daniel Hirsch in the April 2011 issue, and "Work-Life Balance: Handling the...
- Letters. Manlow, Veronica; Bien, Rachel; Butwin, Dave; Distefano, Rebecca A.; Ulman, Doug; McCann, Joan // New York;4/23/2007, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p8
The article presents letters to the editor in response to various articles in previous issues including "Office Life," by Steve Fishman in the April 9, 2007 issue, "Limbaugh for Lefties," by Stephen Roderick in the April 9, 2007 issue, and "The Young Invincibles," by David Amsden in the April 2,...
- The agreement of self- and supervisor ratings: An investigation of leader-member exchange effects. Mushin Lee; Byoungho Son // International Journal of Management;Mar1999, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p77
Examines the effects of leader-member exchange (LMX) quality on the agreement between self- and supervisor ratings and the effects of the self-ratings on subordinates' satisfaction with the feedback. Points of differences between subordinates' self-ratings and supervisors' ratings; Relation of...