- Women Narrowing Financial Literacy Gap. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Advisor News;2014, p1
The article reports on the release of financial education provider Financial Finesse's report entitled "Gender Gap in Financial Literacy" that narrows the financial literacy gap among women in the U.S. The report suggests the progress of women in terms of debt management, investment, retirement...
- Do the Cobbler's Kids Have Shoes? Thirteen Questions. Boone, Norman M. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p34
Offers pieces of advice to financial planners. Aspect where planners fail; How the financial planning process should influence planners; Questions to ask in order to get a measure of one's own progress.
- Enough and Beyond: Getting Past 'More'. Wagner, Richard B. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p50
Explores issues involved in determining the goals and objectives of a financial planner's client. Alternatives to the more process; Levels of the hierarchy of needs; Importance of accentuating the personal relationship portions of traditional financial planning.
- THE ONE QUESTION YOU'D NEVER ASK YOUR FRIENDS. // Cleo;Jul2015, p114
The article deals with the inability of most people to talk about personal finance. Topics discussed include a recent study which found that half of women would not be confident discussing money with a financial advisor, ways for bringing up the subject of money with friends, and some tips for...
- Instant planning. Richards, E. Gordon // CA Magazine;Sep94, Vol. 127 Issue 7, p57
Discusses the importance of comprehensive financial planning. Business opportunity for chartered accountants; Delivering of financial services within clients' cost constraints; Advantages of computerized comprehensive financial plans; Requirements for the preparation of a computerized...
- Freedom to choose. Davidson, Ian // CA Magazine;May2000, Vol. 133 Issue 4, p44
Discusses the basics of financial planning and topics the financial planner should include in a client's plan. Aspect of financial planning; Benefits of financial planning; Role of a financial planner.
- No easy way to figure your retirement income. Israelov, Rhoda // Indianapolis Business Journal;08/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p36
Presents advice on how to come up with a financial plan for retirement. Influence of investment choices on decision-making; Need for discussions with a financial planner; Advantages of the Roth individual retirement account (IRA); Payment of taxes on conversion of traditional IRA to a Roth IRA.
- Retirement Destinations. Diliberto, Roy; Anthony, Mitch // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p30
This article discusses how financial planners can help their clients plan for retirement. Often, financial planners and clients discuss retirement as an economic destination, which often results in clients arriving at an economic goal but being homeless in an existential sense--ill at ease with...
- Credit Where It's Due. Woodville, Louisa // Financial Planning;May2003, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p110
Suggests that financial planners should also devise strategies to manage the debt of their clients. Consequence of poor credit scores; Details of the planner's task of managing debt; Importance of the accuracy of credit reports. INSET: A Loss of Self.