Design and Implementation of a System-Based Course in Musculoskeletal Medicine for Medical Students
- Let us protest loudly. Yates, Tom; Stewart, Gordon; Yudkin, John S.; Yates, John; Macara, Alexander // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;2/7/2009, p310
The article presents a letter to the editor objecting to allowing pharmaceutical companies to educate medical students.
- Science is also an exercise in communication. Chattopadhyay, Naibedya // Current Science (00113891);9/10/2008, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p567
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the need to expose Indian medical students to communication and writing skill.
- Personal View. Gibson, Thomas C. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);2/19/1983, Vol. 286 Issue 6365, p638
Narrates the experience of the author as a cardiology student in the United States. Achievement of his ambition in the environment of excellence; Details on the events at the University of Vermont; Perquisites of academic medicine; Difficulty of the post graduate training.
- ENT-HNS education: what undergraduate students want? Mishra, Prasun; Deshmukh, Sushrut // European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology;Nov2013, Vol. 270 Issue 11, p2981
A letter to the editor which discusses the current status of undergraduate programme for medical students related to ENT-related disorders in the previous issue is presented.
- Calif. may see big education changes. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;06/30/97, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p55
States that a report due in July, 1997, is expected to make recommendations on the medical education system in California. How the report is expected to change the system nationwide; Who appointed the 28-member commission; Information on some of the areas the commission focused on; Reference...
- CORRECTION. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;5/6/2009, Vol. 301 Issue 17, p1770
A correction is presented to the article "The Art of Pimping" in the April 1, 2009 issue.
- Development and evaluation of a community based... Lennox, Angela; Petersen, Stewart // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);02/21/98, Vol. 316 Issue 7131, p596
Evaluates an effective community based multiagency course for all Leicester medical students that enables students to understand the lifestyle, perceptions and priorities of patients and roles of other community agencies. Background to development of course; Proposed structure developed on...
- Medicine and the Media. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);6/1/1985, Vol. 290 Issue 6482, p1658
Examines the significance of communication between doctor and patient with severe illness. Skills of physician in delivering bad information to patient; Importance of counselling for the ill and dying patient on medical schools; Provision of educational aid for medical student.
- Roles and responsibilities of the problem based learning tutor in the undergraduate medical curriculum. Maudsley, Gillian // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);03/06/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7184, p657
Examines the roles and responsibilities of problem-based learning tutors in undergraduate medical curricula in Great Britain. Responsibilities of tutors; Career development of tutors; Content expertise of the tutor.