An open letter to the minister of health
- Health Listings. // Asian Pacific Post;6/18/2009, p18
A list of health services providers in Canada is presented.
- Dissertations/ThÃ¨ses. // Canadian Bulletin of Medical History;2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, following p572
The article lists and briefly describes academic dissertations related to the history of medicine in Canada and topics such as nurses and medical in rural Saskatchewan, the regulation of pharmaceutical drugs, and the health behaviours of poor people.
- Canadians seek to reduce ineffective procedures. Kermode-Scott, Barbara // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;1/8/2011, Vol. 342 Issue 7788, p74
The article highlights the issues reported in "Health Care in Canada 2010, which revealed that several unnecessary therapeutic knee arthoscopies and verteroplasties are still being conducted in Canada.
- PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE. Change in flight plan. Shamian, Judith // Canadian Nurse;Apr2012, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p3
The author discusses help that registered nurses (RNs) can provide to 'frequent flyers' of the health system or to patients having complex needs. Several ways in which RNs can help frequent flyers move through the system more effectively and optimize their treatment includes better follow-up...
- OECD findings prompt reflection. Villeneuve, Michael J. // Canadian Nurse;Feb2012, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p17
The author offers information on the findings of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) on various issues of Canada's health system performance, that were discussed by The National Expert Commission at the December 2011 Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) meeting.
- Nephrology in Canada Is Well Supported. Levin, Adeera // Renal & Urology News;Jun2010, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p5
The author reflects on the misconceptions on the health care system in the field of nephrology in Canada.
- Ten-year anniversary of the Kirby Report. // British Columbia Medical Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p518
This article focuses on the tenth anniversary of the 500-page report "The Health of Canadians: The Federal Role," also known as the Kirby Report, which was released by Canada's Standing Committee on Senate Social Affairs, Science and Technology on October 25, 2003.
- CIHI: Compromised wounds a prevalent issue. // British Columbia Medical Journal;Oct2013, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p365
The article focuses on a report from the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI) which described the impact of compromised wounds such as pressure ulcers and bed sores on the health care system of Canada.
- Where does the leadership come from? Racette, Ray // Canadian Nurse;May2013, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p44
The article discusses the importance of leadership for system innovation and transformation within the healthcare industry. It discusses the effects of a shortage of leaders that many health regions and organizations face and the need to nurture, encourage and identify individuals with good...