ROUNDED VIEW OF COACHING
- From Readers. Camire, Kimberly; Flores, Robert; Ramsey, James L.; Pickering, Arthur D. // HR Magazine;Jan2007, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p23
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Feedback, Not Appraisal," in the November 2006 issue, "Read Any Good (Non-HR) Books Lately?," in the September 2006 issue, and "SSN 'No-Match' Rules Get Mixed Reviews" in the October 2006 issue.
- LETTERS TO FORTUNE. Friedman, Lori M.; Arden, Robert; Guth, G. Stanley; Biegelsen, Lawrence H.; Huntsberry, Randall; Layman, Jane A. // Fortune;11/28/1994, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p21
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues, including "Getting Comfortable With Couples in the Workplace," in the October 3, 1994 issue, "The Coming Investor Revolt," in the October 31, 1994 issue, and "360-Degree Feedback Can Change Your Life," in the...
- Letters to the editor. Abbott, Phil J.; Deacon, Eric // Management Services;Sep95, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p40
The article presents letters to the editor that appeared in the 1995 issue of the journal "Management Services." One of the readers responds to the article by Colin Edwards in the June issue of the journal to provide some encouragement to organizations that might be contemplating using...
- Retention Success: Strategy 59: The Report Card. Pritchard, Christopher W. // 101 Strategies for Recruiting Success;2007, p153
Chapter 5 of the book "101 Strategies for Recruiting Success" is presented. It focuses on employee satisfaction surveys as an employee retention strategy. Among the common methods to measure employee satisfaction are suggestion box, letters to the editor, employee satisfaction surveys and...
- Your letters, calls and emailsâ€¦. // GP: General Practitioner;10/16/2009, p24
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to article in previous issues including one on risk reduction in the airline industry by Captain Phil Higton in the October 2, 2009 issue, another on multi-source feed back tools for revalidation in the October 9, 2009 issue and one on the...
- A 360-degree turn for the better. Ward, Peter // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p20
Evaluates the 360-degree feedback methods of performance measurement. How the feedback method works; Comparison of traditional performance measurement systems and 360-degree feedback; Features of 360-degree feedback; Sources of feedback method; Pitfalls to be avoided as result of 360-degree...
- 360 degree ratings: An analysis of assumptions and a research agenda for evaluating their validity. Borman, Walter C. // Human Resource Management Review;Fall97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p299
Determines the validity of the 360-degree feedback for rating of employees. Two primary assumptions of practitioners using the 360-degree ratings; Hypotheses on the disagreement of supervisors and peers over their performance ratings; Implication of the disagreement.
- 360ï¿½ FEEDBACK LEADS TO IMPROVED PRODUCTIVITY. Sweeney, Theresa // Credit Union Management;Aug2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p50
Reports that providing managers with 360 degrees feedback improved their performance, with participants' leadership and management behaviors showing the most improvement, according to a study by Personnel Decisions International (PDI) and Personnel Decisions Research Institutes of Minneapolis,...
- Get the Most from 360-Degree Feedback: Put It on the Internet. Huet-Cox, G. Douglas; Nielsen, Tjai M.; Sundstrom, Eric // HR Magazine;May99, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p92
Focuses on the use of the Leading Empowered Active People survey (LEAPS) as an instrument for a 360-Degree feedback system. Development of an Internet-based employee performance appraisal system; Information on the case of Otis Elevator Company.