- Appalling state of affairs leads to HK pirate prosecution. Twiston Davies, Simon // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/15/2002, p14
Focuses on the condition of cable and satellite industries in Asia. Increase in the average revenue per user in India and China; Problems related to the pay television piracy and under reporting of subscribers in India and Philippines; Prosecution plans of Cable & Satellite Broadcasters...
- TRADE CONFABS COZY UP TO GRAB HARD-UP REPS. Kan, Wendy // Variety;8/12/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 12, p19
Provides information on two television trade shows, Cable and Satellite Broadcasters Association of Asia (CASBAA) and Reed Exhibitions' Asia Television Forum, to be held in December 2002. Speakers slated for CASBAA.
- Asian cablers sue sat nets. Osborne, Magz // Daily Variety;10/24/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 14, p5
Reports on the civil action taken by Asian cable broadcasters against large satellite broadcasters for alleged importing and trading of unlicensed satellite television signal decoding equipment. Investigation made by the Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia on the use of decoder...
- Saccharine Shows Need Not Apply. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/18/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p19
Reports on an increase in the number of television networks that participated in the development process of the Family Friendly Programming Forum in the U.S. following the redefinition of family friendly content. Factors to consider in producing such programs; Goal of the forum; Benefits of the...
- Casbaa sets suit against pirates. Kan, Wendy // Daily Variety;6/10/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 6, p10
Reports the plan of the Cable and Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia for lawsuit against piracy in Hong Kong, China. Relevance of the legal action to the result of the World Cup; Details on the source of dispute from broadcasting rights of World Cup; Impact of the lawsuit to film and...
- Why are candidates slow to accept airtime? // Crain's Chicago Business;09/14/98, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p12
Opinion. Argues that political candidates for Illinois governor and United States Senate should take up the offer by the Illinois Broadcasters Association's August 21, 1998 for free airtime to give an unedited reponse to key issues facing state voters. Reluctance of candidates to accept...
- Fung prexy of Asia's Cable and Sat. // Variety;01/19/98, Vol. 369 Issue 10, p70
Focuses on Cable and Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia's election of NBC Asia president S.K. Fung as president of the industry organization.
- APANA. Taylor, Nathan // Australian Personal Computer;Oct96, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p131
Reviews the Web site of the Australian Public Access Network Association at http://www.apana.org.au.
- BKSTS 81 launched. // BKSTS Journal;Apr1980, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p170
The article offers information to the British Kinematograph, Sound and Television Society (BKSTS) 7th International Conference and Exhibition to be held on June 29-July 31, 1981 at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London.