BE BOLD ON TRAINING
- Letters to the Editor. Smith, Erma // Malakoff News (TX);9/4/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 36, p4A
A letter to the editor is presented urging a youth training program along with a library, museum and a recreation center to be built in Malakoff, Texas.
- Letters. Gooch, Matthew; Shriver, Allan; Colley, John // Computer Weekly;5/1/2007, p20
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues concerning the need to provide information technology (IT) training to the youths, the failure of outsourcing IT due to the focus of return on investment (ROI) and human factor as a key to good information...
- Mastering crafts: A new HUD initiative provides skills training. Henry, J. Marilyn // Journal of Housing & Community Development;May/Jun97, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p22
Presents the Master Building Crafts Skills Training Program initiated by the Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Purpose of the program; How the program was developed; Reason why HUD selected the city of Charleston, South Carolina as the training site; Skills developed by the youth...
- Argentina's youth power. Luxner, Larry // Americas;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p4
Presents information about the `Proyecto Joven,' a training program for the youth in Argentina. Projects of the training program; Remarks of Cecilia Navarrete, program director of the `Proyecto Joven' on the training program; Qualifications for the training program's participants; Benefits...
- Employment. // Youth Studies;Aug90, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p6
Reports that the New South Wales Government has set up a toll free Youth Training Info Line to help young people with information about State and Federal programs taken from `Daily Mirror' dated May 15, 1990.
- Skills Link to help youth prepare for life. // South Asian Post;4/15/2010, p13
The article reports on the Skills Link program in Canada which provides job-preparation training to local youth who face barriers to employment.
- Employment & training. Harper, Todd // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1992, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p10
Reports on Queensland and Victoria's introduction of pilot youth training wages as published in the periodical `Australian' dated June 16, 1992. Focus on young workers in lower paid jobs.
- Employment & training. Harper, Todd // Youth Studies Australia;Spring1992, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the South Australian government's plans to provide training or education places for young people as published in `Advertiser' dated June 27, 1992. Skills development program.
- YTS, employment, and sample selection bias. O'Higgins, Niall // Oxford Economic Papers;Oct94, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p605
Analyzes the effectiveness of the Youth Training Scheme (YTS) in England and Wales in terms of its impact on the employment prospects of young people. Use of data from the first Youth Cohort Study; Sample selection bias and heteroscedasticity.