A transgenic mouse model for "lipid hang-up", or why pathologists need to be involved in genetically engineered mouse modelling
- Barrier Function in Transgenic Mice Overexpressing K16, Involucrin, and Filaggrin in the Suprabasal Epidermis. Presland, Richard B.; Coulombe, Pierre A.; Eckert, Richard L.; Man Mao-Qiang; Feingold, Kenneth R.; Elias, Peter M. // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Sep2004, Vol. 123 Issue 3, p603
Presents a letter to the editor about barrier function in transgenic mice.
- Transgenic mouse model for monitoring endoplasmic reticulum stress in vivo. Iwawaki, Takao; Kohno, Kenji; Miura, Masayuki // Nature Medicine;Oct2004, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p1014
Presents a letter to the editor about a transgenic mouse model for monitoring endoplasmic reticulum stress.
- Novel Hairless RET-Transgenic Mouse Line with Melanocytic Nevi and Anagen Hair Follicles. Kato, Masashi; Takeda, Kozue; Kawamoto, Yoshiyuki; Tsuzuki, Toyonori; Kato, Yoko; Ohno, Tamio; Hossain, Khaled; Iftakhar-E-Khuda, Imtiaz; Ohgami, Nobutaka; Isobe, Ken-ichi; Takahashi, Masahide; Nakashima, Izumi // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Nov2006, Vol. 126 Issue 11, p2547
A letter to the editor on RET-transgenic mouse line with melanocytic nevi and anagen hair follicles is presented.
- V600EBraf::Tyr-CreERT2::K14-Kitl Mice Do Not Develop Superficial Spreading-Like Melanoma: Keratinocyte Kit Ligand Is Insufficient to 'Translocate' V600EBraf-Driven Melanoma to the Epidermis. Rae, Joel; Viros, Amaya; Hayward, Robert; Bennett, Dorothy C; Dhomen, Nathalie; Longley, B Jack; Reis-Filho, Jorge S; Marais, Richard // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Feb2012, Vol. 132 Issue 2, p488
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the differences in the melanomagenesis among LSL-V600EBraf::K14-Kitl and V600EBraf transgenic mice.
- Aggravated TSLP-Induced Atopic Dermatitis in Mice Lacking Dicer in Adult Skin Keratinocytes. Hener, Pierre; Friedmann, Laetitia; Metzger, Daniel; Chambon, Pierre; Li, Mei // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Nov2011, Vol. 131 Issue 11, p2324
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the aggravation of thymic stromal lymphopoietin (TLSP)-induced atopic dermatitis (AD) in transgenic mice without sufficient ribonuclease (RNase) III enzyme Dicer in adult skin keratinocytes.
- Gene targeting of chemokines and their receptors. Slattery, Dubhfeasa M.; Gerard, Norma; Gerard, Craig // Springer Seminars in Immunopathology;2000, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p417
Focuses on the development of transgenic mice and targeted deletion or mutagenesis of chemokines and their receptors. Mouse genetics; Gene targeting of chemokine receptors; Summary of chemokine knockout experiments.
- The Association of Microglial Activation and Amyloid Reduction in APP+PS1 Transgenic Mice. Morgan, Dave; Jantzen, Paul; Wilcock, Donna; DiCarlo, Giovanni; Ugen, Ken; Gordon, Marcia // Current Medicinal Chemistry - Immunology, Endocrine & Metabolic ;Mar2003, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p27
One increasingly dominant hypothesis regarding the pathogenesis of Alzheimer dementia is the inflammation hypothesis. In brief, this hypothesis argues that at least some of the neurodegeneration found in this disease is secondary to excessive activation of microglia and astrocytes, resulting in...
- Erythroid defects and increased retrovirally-induced tumor formation in Evi1 transgenic mice. Louz, D; van den Broek, M; Verbakel, S; Vankan, Y; van Lom, K; Joosten, M; Meijer, D; Löwenberg, B; Delwel, R // Leukemia (08876924);Nov2000, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1876
Aberrant expression of the Evi1 (ecotropic virus integration site 1) proto-oncogene has been associated with hematopoietic malignancies in both mice and man. To determine the effect of enforced expression of Evi1 in vivo, we developed a transgenic mouse model utilizing the murine Sca-1 (Ly-6E.1)...
- Defective TCR expression in transgenic mice constructed using cDNA-based alpha- and beta-chain.... ALLISON, JAN; HEATH, WILLIAM R; CARBONE, FRANCIS R; Carbone, Francis R // Immunology & Cell Biology;Feb1998, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p34
We describe the generation of ovalbumin (OVA)-specific, MHC class II-restricted Î±Î² T cell receptor (TCR) transgenic mice. Initial attempts at generating these transgenic mice utilized heterologous regulatory elements to drive the expression of cDNA genes encoding the separate Î±- and...