Osteoporosis: Management and Treatment Strategies for Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Severe Hypocalcemia after Intravenous Bisphosphonate Therapy in Occult Vitamin D Deficiency. Rosen, Clifford J.; Brown, Sue // New England Journal of Medicine;4/10/2003, Vol. 348 Issue 15, p1503
A letter to the editor about prevention and treatment of osteoporosis is presented.
- Anabolic Therapies for Osteoporosis. Farooki, Azeez; Fornier, Monica; Girotra, Monica // New England Journal of Medicine;12/6/2007, Vol. 357 Issue 23, p2410
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article ï¿½Mechanisms of anabolic therapies for osteoporosis,ï¿½ by E. Canalis, A. Giustina and J. P. Bilezikian in the August 30, 2007 issue.
- Atypical femoral fractures. Lee, Paul // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/9/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 4, p384
A letter to the editor is presented which supports the study of P. Rahmani and S. Morin on the use of oral bisphosphonates for post menopausal women and older men with osteoporosis or fragile fractures.
- Are Bisphosphonates Effective in Preventing Fractures? ARMSTRONG, EAMON C. // American Family Physician;4/1/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p840
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Diagnosis and Treatment of Osteoporosis" in the February 1, 2009 issue.
- New drugs for osteoporosis. Kwan, Kevin // Australian Prescriber;Apr2012, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p41
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article related to the pharmacological interventions for osteoporosis that was published in a previous issue.
- Integrated anti-remodeling and anabolic therapy for the osteoporosis of Hajdu-Cheney syndrome: 2-year follow-up. McKiernan, F. E. // Osteoporosis International;Mar2008, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p379
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article on the use of anabolic therapy and integrated anti-remodeling in treating osteoporosis of Hajdu-Cheney syndrome.
- What of Asian, African, and South American patients? Seneviratne, Suranjith L.; Gurugama, Padmalal; Fernando, Devaka J. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/6/2007, Vol. 334 Issue 7583, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Osteoporosis and its management," by K. E. S. Poole and J. E. Compston in the December 16, 2006 issue.
- Should we really compare absolute risk reduction in different trials on osteoporosis: comment on the article by Ringe JD and Doherty JG. Belaya, Zhanna // Rheumatology International;Dec2011, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p1669
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Absolute risk reduction in osteoporosis: assessing treatment efficacy by number needed to treat," by J. D. Ringe and J. G. Doherty.
- New drugs for osteoporosis. Yadav, Jyoti // Australian Prescriber;Aug2012, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p10
A letter to the editor and a response are presented regarding the article "New drugs for osteoporosis," by Peter Ebeling in the 2011 issue.