- Senators introduce Medicare panel bill. // AHA News;2/24/97, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on the introduction of a legislation to establish the National Bipartisan Commission on the Future of Medicare. Important aspects of the Senate bill; Key sponsors.
- Senate to extend Medicare Select program. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jun95, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p7
Reports that the US House of Representatives has approved a legislation expanding the Medicare Select demonstration program to all 50 states. Medicare Select as an insurance option.
- House and Senate Proposals. // Congressional Digest;Nov95, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p266
Features summaries of the major components of the 1995 Medicare Preservation Act, the House Ways and Means proposal to restructure the Medicare program, and the Medicare reform portions of the Senate Finance Committee's budget reconciliation legislation. Priority to stop fraud and abuse; Relief...
- Medicare proposal puts cost on access. // Ophthalmology Times;7/31/95, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p4
Reports on the US House of Representatives' draft proposal requiring Medicare recipients to pay higher copayments and deductibles for a fee-for-service plan.
- Massachusetts and California Pass Prosthetic Parity Legislation. // O&P Business News;11/1/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p13
The article reports on the prosthetic parity legislation passed by Massachusetts and California. Massachusetts was the fifth state to ensure comprehensive coverage for prosthetic care under the law. Governor Mitt Romney signed a law mandating that insurance plans offer coverage for prosthetics...
- Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas v. Harris: A Dubious Consequence of Piecemeal Health Care Legislation. Berk, Deborah K. // American Journal of Law & Medicine;Summer83, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p205
Discusses a legal case on public health care financing in the U.S. Details of the case; Impact of piecemeal legislation on health care delivery programs; Policy implications on the public health sector of the U.S.
- Medicare Drug Bill Raises Consumer Ire. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/8/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 27, p34
Reports on the opposition of consumer groups to the Medicare Modernization and Prescription Drug Act which was approved by the U.S. House in July 2002. Information on the voluntary prescription drug benefit program under the bill; View of the Healthcare Leadership Council on the legislation;...
- Reform still to come. Hayes, Robert // Modern Healthcare;1/5/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article "ABCDs of Medicare reform," in the December 22/29, 2003 issue.
- Too little, too late. Gloger, Barry // Modern Healthcare;7/21/2008, Vol. 38 Issue 29, p26
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about a veto of the Medicare bill that would fix the physician payment system.