Nerve stimulation in the setting of pharmacologic blockade
- Reply. Alhabshan, Fahad; Shi-Joon Yoo // Pediatric Radiology;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p722
A letter to the editor is presented in response to Josef Finsterer and Claudia StÃ¶llberger's comments regarding "Cardiac MRI versus echocardiography in assessing noncompaction in the children without neuromuscular disease," by Fahad Alhabshan and Shi-Joon Yoo.
- Cardiac MRI versus echocardiography in assessing noncompaction in children without neuromuscular disease. Finsterer, Josef; Stöllberger, Claudia // Pediatric Radiology;Jul2006, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p720
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Cardiac MRI versus echocardiography in assessing noncompaction in the children without neuromuscular disease," by Fahad Alhabshan and Shi-Joon Yoo published in a previous issue of this periodical.
- Nocturnal hypoventilation: predictors and outcomes in childhood progressive neuromuscular disease. Katz, Sherri L.; Gaboury, Isabelle; Keilty, Krista; Banwell, Brenda; Vajsar, Jiri; Anderson, Peter; Ni, Andy; MacLusky, Ian // Archives of Disease in Childhood -- Fetal & Neonatal Edition;Dec2010, Vol. 95 Issue 12, p998
Objectives To determine: (a) prevalence of clinically unsuspected nocturnal hypoventilation (NH) in a clinic population of children with progressive neuromuscular disease; (b) whether NH can be predicted from clinical/laboratory parameters; and (c) change over 1 year in pulmonary function...
- Basic motor skills instruction for children with neuromotor delays: A critical review. Horn, Eva M. // Journal of Special Education;Summer91, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p168
Examines and integrates the findings of empirical research on the effectiveness of basic motor skills instruction for children with neuromotor delays. Criteria for studies inclusion; Literature search procedures; Demographic characteristics.
- Survey of Factors Effective on Outcome of Weaning from Mechanical Ventilation. Bilan, N.; Shva, Sh.; Ghaffari, Sh. // Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences;2009, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p83
This study was aimed to recognize factors effective on weaning from mechanical ventilation and determine the reasons of unsuccessful Spontaneous Breathing Trial (SBT) and reintubation. The study population consisted of 202 critically ill pediatric patients who received mechanical. When the...
- Medulloblastoma in a child with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Harsha Doddihal; Rakesh Jalali // Child's Nervous System;May2007, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p595
Abstract Materials and methodsÂ Â A 7-year-old boy diagnosed with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) presented with clinical features of raised intracranial tension. A CT scan revealed an enhancing vermian mass extending on to the fourth ventricle, which was excised and reported to be...
- Triamcinolone. // Reactions Weekly;2/25/2006, Issue 1090, p25
Presents a case report on lipoatrophy in a girl after receiving intramuscular injection of triamcinolone in left buttock for problematic asthma.
- Benign Recurrent Isolated VJ Nerve Palsy of Childhood. Sullivan, Shona C. // Clinical Pediatrics;Mar1985, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p160
Benign recurrent isolated VI nerve palsy of childhood is a rare condition. The diagnosis is essentially one of exclusion. The following case report is of a child with 11 recurrences between age 10 months and 11 years. The literature is reviewed.
- Graded Response to Thymectomy in Children With Myasthenia Gravis. Tracy, Molly M.; McRae, Wes; Millichap, J. Gordon // Journal of Child Neurology;Apr2009, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p454
Response to thymectomy in children with juvenile myasthenia gravis was evaluated using severity and response to therapy rating scales and objective measures of hospital, intensive care, and intubation days, prethymectomy and postthymectomy, as markers of morbidity. Records of 50 patients treated...