Ensuring quality in medical laboratories
- An operational approach to competency assessment. Baer, Daniel M. // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Feb97, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p55
Evaluates the effectiveness of policies and procedures of medical laboratories in the United States in assuring employee and consultant competence. Basic tenet of good laboratory practice; Purpose of the program; Modification of results of the review of proficiency testing; Investigation of...
- Priorclave launch new brochure. // International Journal of Therapy & Rehabilitation;May2007, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p19
The article evaluates the brochure of the BioCoteÂ®-protected range of laboratory priorclaves from Priorclave Ltd.
- Quality specifications for seminal parameters based on the state of the art. J.A. Castilla; J. Morancho-Zaragoza; J. Aguilar; R. Prats-Gimenez; M.C. Gonzalvo; E. Fernández-Pardo; C. Álvarez; R. Calafell; L. Martinez // Human Reproduction;Sep2005, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p2573
BACKGROUND: The aim of this study was to calculate the analytical goal for seminal parameters based on the state of the art, and then to compare these specifications with those previously obtained by our group based on biological variation. METHODS: All data used for analysis were derived from...
- The most common nonconformities encountered during the assessments of medical laboratories in Hong Kong using ISO 15189 as accreditation criteria. Ho, Bella; Ho, Eric // Biochemia Medica;2012, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p247
Introduction: ISO 15189 was a new standard published in 2003 for accrediting medical laboratories. We believe that some requirements of the ISO 15189 standard are especially diffi cult to meet for majority of laboratories. The aim of this article was to present the frequency of nonconformities...
- A History Lesson. Ma, Henry // Forbes Asia;2/13/2006, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p10
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the civilization of the Philippines.
- Mayor: We're not that dumb! Goodman, Oscar B. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/8/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 45, pP28
A letter to the editor about the article "Dumb, Dumber--and We're Dumbest?" that was published in a previous issue of the "Las Vegas Review-Journal" is presented.
- Postcard from an advertising fantasyland. Gilbride, Stewart // AdMedia;Jun2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p4
Presents a letter to the editor about living in the Middle East.
- TO THE EDITOR. Johnson, Dale L. // American Sociologist;Aug66, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p206
Presents a letter to the editor on the consequences of the "Camelot Project," on the Chileans.
- MOVING FORESTS. Onokpise, Oghenekome; Onokpise, Oghenekome U. // BioScience;Dec85, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p684
Presents a letter to the editor in response to the article 'Africa Tomorrow--If We Act Today,' by Chris Elfring.