In vivo diagnosis of intestinal spirochaetosis by confocal endomicroscopy
- Response to Dr. Riordan et al. Pimentel, Mark; Lin, Henry C. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2001, Vol. 96 Issue 8, p2507
Presents a response by Mark Pimentel and Henry C. Lin to a letter to the editor about their article on the diagnosis of small intestine bacterial overgrowth.
- Abdominal CT findings in small bowel perforation. WARD, E.; KILLEEN, R.; CAMPBELL, N.; TORREGGIANI, W. C. // British Journal of Radiology;Jun2009, Vol. 82 Issue 978, p522
The article presents a letter to the editor on the article Abdominal CT Findings in Small Bowel Perforation," published in the 82nd volume of the journal, 2008, and a reply from its writers R. Zissin and colleagues. In the letter, the authors add their own experience with a patient who showed...
- A case of Dettol addiction. Khan, J.S.; Wilson, M.C.; Taylor, T.V. // British Medical Journal;3/24/1979, Vol. 1 Issue 6166, p791
Focuses on the addiction to dettol ingestion. Discussions on gastrointestinal symptoms; Evaluations on alkaline phosphate activity; Effects of isopropyl alcohol.
- Problems in distinguishing tuberculosis of bowel from Crohn's disease in Asians. Burke, G.J.; Zafar, S.A. // British Medical Journal;11/15/1975, Vol. 4 Issue 5993, p395
Evaluates difficulties on the distinction between intestinal tuberculosis from Crohn's diseases among Asian women. Indication of caseation and acid-fast bacilli indicators of Crohn's diseases and intestinal tuberculosis distinction; Identification of draining lymphnodes on tuberculous reaction;...
- Indigenous amoebiasis: an important differential diagnosis of chronic inflammatory bowel disease. Sanderson, I.R.; Walker-Smith, J.A. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);9/29/1984, Vol. 289 Issue 6448, p823
Examines the cause of chronic inflammatory bowel disease of children in Great Britain. Reference on a child admitted with amoebiasis; Diagnosis of amoebiasis; Treatment of chronic inflammatory disease.
- A Questionnaire for Functional Bowel Disorders. Drossman, Douglas A. // Annals of Internal Medicine;10/15/89, Vol. 111 Issue 8, p627
Editorial. Comments on a questionnaire designed to diagnose functional bowel disorders. Information on functional bowel disorders; Clinical syndromes associated with functional bowel disorders; Limitations in using questionnaires in clinical practice.
- Second Opinion. Fraser, Stephen // Current Science;10/16/2009, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p6
The article discusses the diagnosis which a senior high school student Jessica Terry discovers on the nature of her intestinal ailment known as Crohn's disease, an incurable inflammation of the bowels..
- Acute variceal bleeding in a man with coeliac disease. Musumba, Crispin Okwiri; Campbell, Fiona; Subramanian, Sreedhar; Richardson, Paul; Smart, Howard L. // Gut;May2013, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p740
A quiz concerning the diagnosis of a 49-year-old man who was presented with a 1-week history of melaena, dizziness, and lethargy is presented.
- An unusual cause of diarrhoea. Sainsbury, A.; Clements, D. // Gut;Dec2005, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p1671
A quiz concerning the computed tomography diagnosis of a 70 year old Caucasian female with a six month history of intermittent diarrhoea, abdominal pain, and weight loss of 3 stone is presented.