Methamphetamine strategy requires evaluation
- Drug Trafficking. // Transnational Threats Update;Mar2010, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p5
The article focuses on the campaign implemented in the Philippines against the methamphetamine-type stimulants (ATS) drug epidemic in the country.
- Record haul of 'crazy medicine' tablets. // Eastern Eye;1/22/2016, Issue 1337, p21
The article reports on the seize of 2.5 million methamphetamine tablets estimated to be worth $10.5 million during a seizure operation in the port city of Chittagong and in Dhaka in Bangladesh on January 18, 2016.
- Betty Crocker's Crystal Meth. Rimensnyder, Sara // Reason;Jul2001, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the plan of the Indiana Drug Enforcement Association to curb methamphetamine production in the state. Goal of the plan; Ingredients needed to make the drug.
- Deputies make meth arrests. // Malakoff News (TX);8/14/2015, Vol. 106 Issue 33, p1
The article reports on the two incidence of confiscation of the controlled substance methamphetamine by Texas deputies Ray Yockey and Brian Huckabee in separate counties wherein two suspects have been arrested.
- Congress considers e-logbooks to further combat meth production. Johnsen, Michael // Drug Store News;10/15/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p36
The article reports on the consideration of electronic logbook system for Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic (METH) Act in the U.S. It is stated that the lack of an aggregate logbook database leads to several cases of smurfing. However, U.S. Senate is implementing the Methamphetamine Production...
- Guilty verdict for crime combo. Canning, Kathie; Harrigan, Kate // Pollution Engineering;Aug98, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the conviction of Manfred Derewal Junior of Pennsylvania of crimes related to the illegal storage of hazardous waste between 1987 and 1994 and the attempted manufacture of methamphetamine. Prison term and fine imposed on Derewal.
- On the front line. Stanglin, Douglas; Walsh, Kenneth T. // U.S. News & World Report;4/29/96, Vol. 120 Issue 17, p24
Considers the strategy of new United States drug czar, General Barry McCaffrey. McCaffrey calling for a major crackdown on methamphetamine abuse; Bickering with the Justice Department's criminal division; Specifics of the crackdown; New effort to curb the use of marijuana by teenagers.
- CHPA tackles illegal OTC diversion. Johnsen, Michael // Drug Store News;9/24/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p41
Reports that Arkansas legislators passed a law effective June 1, 2001 limiting the amount of ingredients of common over-the-counter decongestants containing ephedrine or pseudoephedrine to manufacture methamphetamine. Other states in the United States with similar legislation; Bodies that...
- Restricting OTC Cold Remedies Problematic. Casabona, Liza // SN: Supermarket News;11/29/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 48, p21
Reports on the potential effects of the Oklahoma state legislation addressing the illegal production of methamphetamine on supermarket pharmacies in the U.S. Scope of the law; Concerns of supermarket industry representatives on the implementation of the law as the model for a national standard;...