Does Helicobacter pylon protect against asthma and allergy?
- Does Helicobacter pylon protect against asthma and allergy? Blaser, M. J.; Chen, V.; Reibman, J. // Gut;Aug2008, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p1179
A response by M. J. Blaser, Y. Chen and J. Reibman to a letter to the editor about their article on whether Helicobacter pylori protects against allergy and asthma in a 2008 issue of "Gut."
- A Case of Cap Polyposis Remission by Betamethasone Enema after Antibiotics Therapy including Helicobacter pylori Eradication. Hideo Suzuki; Masashi Sato; Daisuke Akutsu; Hiroaki Sugiyama; Taiki Sato; Yuji Mizokami // Journal of Gastrointestinal & Liver Diseases;Jun2014, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p203
We report the case of a 58-year-old woman who was referred to our hospital due to frequent bloody mucus diarrhea. She was diagnosed with cap polyposis based on typical endoscopic and histological findings. Colonoscopy revealed multiple, reddish, mucus-capped polypoid lesions from the rectum to...
- Once-Daily Helicobacter pylori Treatment to Family Members of Gastric Cancer Patients. Vaz Coelho, Luiz Gonzaga; Friche Passos, Maria do Carmo; Martins, Gustavo Miranda; De Lourdes Bueno, Madelaine; Femandes Gomes, Bruno Squárcio; Lopes, Leonardo Gomes; De Paula Castro, Luiz // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar2000, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p832
Provides information on a study that examined the once-daily Helicobacter pylori treatment to family members of gastric cancer patients. Methodology of the study; Findings of the study.
- H. PYLORI ERADICATION OPTIONS FOR PEPTIC ULCER DISEASE. // Monthly Prescribing Reference;Jun2010, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p158
A chart is presented that shows Helicobacter pylori options to treat peptic ulcer disease, along with its acid suppressant, antibiotics and treatment duration.
- Clinical prevention of gastric cancer by Helicobacter pylori eradication therapy: a systematic review. Ito, Masanori; Takata, Shunsuke; Tatsugami, Masana; Wada, Yoshihiro; Imagawa, Shinobu; Matsumoto, Yoshiaki; Takamura, Akemi; Kitamura, Shosuke; Matsuo, Taiji; Tanaka, Shinji; Haruma, Ken; Chayama, Kazuaki // Journal of Gastroenterology;2009, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p365
Helicobacter pylori ( H. pylori) infection plays an important role in gastric carcinogenesis. We conducted a systematic review concerning gastric cancer development after H. pylori eradication therapy. In total 15 papers matched our criteria, the results were reviewed. The H. pylori eradication...
- Helicobacter pylori May Protect Children From Asthma. // Pulmonary Reviews;Aug2008, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p18
The article discusses research being done on the association of Helicobacter pylori with childhood asthma. It references a study by Yu Chen and colleagues published in the August 15, 2008 issue of the "Journal of Infectious Diseases." Researchers found that children between the ages of 3 and 13...
- Seroprevalence of Helicobacter pylori Infection in Korean Health Personnel. Hyun Young Kim; Nayoung Kim; Seon Mie Kim; Ji-Hyun Seo; Eun-Ha Park; Dong Ho Lee // Gut & Liver;Nov2013, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p648
Background/Aims: The aims of this study were to evaluate whether doctors and nurses in a single hospital were at an increased risk of acquiring Helicobacter pylori infection in 2011 and to identify risk factors for H. pylori seroprevalence. Methods: Nurses (n=362), doctors (n=110), health...
- Design of New and Potent Diethyl Thiobarbiturates as Urease Inhibitors: A Computational Approach. Wadood, Abdul; Riaz, Muhammad; Mulk, Amir ul; Khan, Momin; Haleem, Sobia Ahsan; Shams, Sulaiman; Gul, Sahib; Ahmed, Ayaz; Qasim, Muhammad; Ali, Farman; Ul-Haq, Zaheer // Bioinformation;2014, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p299
Urease is an important enzyme both in agriculture and medicine research. Strategies based on urease inhibition is critically considered as the first line treatment of infections caused by urease producing bacteria. Since, urease possess agro-chemical and medicinal importance, thus, it is...
- IN VITRO EVALUATION OF FLOATING MATRIX TABLETS OF AMOXICILLIN AND METRONIDAZOLE FOR THE ERADICATION OF HELICOBACTER PYLORI. Emara, Laila H.; Abdou, Aya R.; Elashmawy, Ahmed A.; Badr, Rania M.; Mursi, Nadia M. // International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences;Jul2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p671
The aim of this study was to develop floating tablets for amoxicillin trihydrate (AmoxTH) and metronidazole, for the treatment of Helicobacter pylori (H.pylori) mediated peptic ulcer. Tablets were developed based on gas-formation technique to prolong gastric-residence time with the desired in...