"A brownish depressed area": a novel narrow band imaging colonoscopic finding of a depressed adenoma
- "A brownish depressed area": a novel narrow band imaging colonoscopic finding of a depressed adenoma. East, J E.; Suzuki, N.; Stavrinidis, M.; Guenther, I.; W Thomas, H. J.; Saunders, B. P. // Gut;Aug2008, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p1177
A response by J. E. East, N. Suzuki, M. Stavrinidis, T. Guenther, H. J. W. Thomas and B. P. Saunders to a letter to the editor about their article on detecting flat adenomas using narrow band imaging (NBI) in a 2007 issue of "Gut," is presented.
- Response to â€˜Diagnosis of aldosterone producing adenomasâ€™. Chung, S.-D.; Wu, V.-C.; Liu, K.-L.; Huang, K.-H.; Chueh, S.-C.; Yu, H.-J. // Kidney International;Feb2008, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p363
A response by S. D. Chung and colleagues to a letter to the editor about their article "Diagnosis of bilateral aldosterone-producing adenomas in the 2007 issue is presented.
- Diagnosis of aldosterone producing adenomas. Tanemoto, M.; Abe, T.; Ito, S. // Kidney International;Feb2008, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p362
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Diagnosis of bilateral aldosterone-producing adenomas," by Chung S.D., Huang K.H. and Yu H. J. in the 2007 issue.
- Evaluating cap-assisted colonoscopy: the relevance of study design. Westwood, David A.; Alexakis, Nicholas; Connor, Saxon J. // Gut;Oct2012, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p1517
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the two articles including "Higher adenoma detection rates with cap-assisted colonoscopy: a randomised controlled trial," by A. Rastogi and colleagues in a 2012 issue and "Adenoma detection with cap-assisted colonoscopy versus regular...
- Intraoperative Radio-Guided Identification of Parathyroid Adenomas with the Gamma... Baskies, Arnold M.; Mayer, Paul // American Surgeon;Aug99, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p766
Previous radiological imaging studies for identification of parathyroid adenomas have generally been unreliable. Currently, preoperative administration of Tc-99m sestamibi improves detection of parathyroid adenomas. Combining preoperative administration of sestamibi radionuclide with the gamma...
- Report card improved adenoma detection, cecal intubation rate during colonoscopy. // Hem/Onc Today;7/25/2013, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p48
The article discusses research which examined the impact of colonoscopies administered after introducing a quarterly report card on cecal intubation and adenoma detection, published in a 2013 issue of the "Journal of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy."
- Tubular Adenomas can be Followed Safely at Longer Intervals. // Modern Medicine;Oct98, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p19
Discusses the abstract of the article `Adenoma characteristics at first colonoscopy as predictors of adenoma recurrence and characteristics at follow-up,' by R.U. Van Stolk, G.J. Beck et al, published in the July 1998 issue of the `Gastroenterology' periodical.
- Colonoscopy Finds Few Advanced Polyps in Patients with a Single Tubular Adenoma. // Modern Medicine;Oct98, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p24
Discusses the abstract of the article `Is colonoscopy indicated for small adenomas found by screening flexible sigmoidoscopy?,' by M.B. Wallace, J.A. Kemp, published in the August 15, 1998 issue of the `Annual of Internal Medicine' periodical.
- Spontaneous Infarction of a Parathyroid Adenoma: Two Case Reports and Review of the Literature. Lucas Jr., David G.; Lockett, Mark A.; Cole, David J. // American Surgeon;Feb2002, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p173
The spontaneous infarction of a parathyroid adenoma is an uncommon event, although it has been previously described. Patients may present symptomatically or experience resolution of their hyperparathyroidism. As such the appropriate clinical management of these patients remains unclear. We...