HR should lead by example on flexible working
- 10 the top 10 most read stories. // Employee Benefits;Dec2015, p5
A list of the 10 most read articles is shown including "PWC Explores Return-to-Work," "LinkedIn to Introduce Unlimited Holiday for U.S. Employees," and "Consultation on Member-borne Costs."
- Prognostic Factors and Treatment-Related Changes Associated with Return to Work in the Multimodal Treatment of Chronic Back Pain. Vendrig, Alexander A. // Journal of Behavioral Medicine;Jun1999, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p217
The goals of the current study were to determine those preprogram (=prognostic) variables and treatment-related changes that predict return to work in the multimodal management of chronic back pain. The outcome measures for 143 patients at 6-month follow-up were analyzed. The program had a...
- Fit notes can enhance performance and save millions. // Heating & Ventilating Review;May2010, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that the sick note is being replaced by the Statement of Fitness for Work or fit note which is expected to save Great Britain around 240 million pounds caused by absences.
- Most common sickness absence strategies. Paterson, Jennifer // Employee Benefits;7/3/2013, p2
The article discusses the survey on the most common sickness absence strategies which revealed that 81% of the respondents referred return-to-work interviews as the most common sickness absence strategy.
- Getting the Tough Cases Back to Work. Butler, Gordon // Risk Management (00355593);Nov2002, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p28
Discusses the need of securing employment for employees through a traditional return-to-work program. Effect of strong return-to-work program on employees; Strategies that can promote the workers mental and emotional recovery; Practices which are involved in the successful return-to-work programs.
- Appendix I: Objectives, Scope, and Methodology. // GAO Reports;1/26/2009, p33
The objectives, scope and methodology that relate to articles that appeared in this issue are presented.
- A step-by-step route to full role recovery. Anstis, Laurie // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2013, p18
The article offers step-by-step instructions for implementing a phased return to work after employees' long-term sickness absence.
- White Paper on Best Practices for Returning Employees to Work. // Professional Safety;Feb2012, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p15
The article reports on a white paper from Liberty Mutual and Disability Management Employer Coalition which discusses ways for human resource professionals to improve return-to-work programs.
- Return of the stay-at-home parents. Penttila, Chris // Entrepreneur;Apr2009, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p15
The article discusses the growth in career reentry from co-founder Carol Fishman Cohen of iRelaunch, a career reentry strategy firm, and the return to work programs from the Goldman Sachs financial firm and Sara Lee foods corporation.