Knowledge of Reverse Mortgages a Prerequisite to Competent Advice
- Letter: FTC Responds. Twohig, Peggy L. // National Mortgage News;2/2/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p5
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Firm Settles with FTC," in the December 29, 2008 issue.
- Columnist had misinformation about reverse mortgages. Heintze, Jerry; Mortagage, Sunstreet // Inside Tucson Business;12/1/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p22
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "When to Consider a Reverse Mortgage," by Steve Dinnen in the November 17, 2008 issue.
- Mailbox. Ward, Dick; Jeffery, James P. // Financial Planning;Oct2005, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p24
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues of "Financial Planning." "Bet Your BIPY," which suggested several investment strategies; "Staying at Home," which focused on reverse mortgages.
- LETTERS AND COMMENTS. // Money;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p13
Letters to the editor are presented in response to articles published in previous issues including "In Search of a Better End" on end of life care published in the December 2012 issue, "Don't Tap Your Home Too Hard" on reverse mortgages published in the same issue and "The High Cost of Saying...
- Cashing in on Reverse Mortgages. // Advisor Today;Dec2001, Vol. 96 Issue 12, p100
Discusses the capability of reverse mortgages to generate lifetime income for the elderly. Prominence of reverse mortgages as a legitimate financial tool among financial advisors; Function of the tool; How to use the tool legally and ethically; Types of reverse mortgages.
- It's time to reverse. Peterson, James R. // ABA Banking Journal;Jan2002, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on the acceptance of reverse mortgages (RM) in the United States as of January 2002. Legislation that make RM more attractive; Types of RM products; Challenges of underwriting an RM.
- Reverse mortgage makes life easier for some homeowners. Russell, Judi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/16/96, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p14
Looks at the advantages of reverse mortgages to older homeowners. Specification of the mortgages; Regulations from the Federal National Mortgage Association; Comments from Robert Schneider, who has a reverse mortgage. Disadvantages of a reverse mortgage. INSET: Reluctant to reverse..
- Reverse mortgage: An alternative to the assumption option. Thottathil, Pelis // Review of Business;Fall95, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p22
Presents an analysis of reverse mortgage loans in the United States. Profile of an assumable loan and a conventional loan; Reverse mortgage as an alternative to the assumption option; Cost of mortgage; Taxation.
- Weigh advantages, disadvantages of reverse mortgages. Hance, Barbara H. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/15/96, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p22
Offers homeowners tips for deciding whether to apply for a reverse mortgage loan. Types of cash advances provided; Itemized and hidden costs; Advantages of reverse mortgages.