- Letters. Pagac, Karl H.; Tee, Tan Boon; Rahman, Noushi; Naumi, Fabiha; Ti, Han-Venn; Spencer, John B. T.; Portet, Neus // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);2/18/2008 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 151 Issue 7, p12
Several letters to the editors are presented in response to articles from the December 24, 2007 issue including "The Good News," "The Roots of Fear," and "Home Shock Protection."
- The latest weapon of choice. // Newsweek;4/15/1985, Vol. 105 Issue 15, p99
The stun gun is a hand-held device that serves as a sort of rudimentary `Star Trek' phaser. In a security-obsessed nation, they've become the latest weapon of choice. The disabler is called Nova and it delivers a powerful shock then pressed against a body.
- Shock value. Cusac, Anne-Marie // Progressive;Sep97, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p28
Cites cases where stun devices are being abused in the United States. Claims of the Amnesty International and the American Civil Liberties Union; Leading manufacturer and exporter of pushbutton electricshock devices; Dangers of using stun devices.
- US teenager dies from police taser. // Green Left Weekly;4/1/2009, Issue 789, p19
The article reports on the death of a teenager, Brett Elder who died after being tasered by a police on March 22, 2009 in Bay City, Michigan.
- Stunning debut. Coppinger, Rob // Engineer (00137758);8/30/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7610, p9
Announces the approval of Taser stun guns to be used by London police. Study conducted by the Association of Chief Police Officers; Capability of Taser stun guns; Technology for further research.
- A deadly business jolts into the light. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;3/1/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 66, p13
Discusses the international use of stun gun and taser technology for torture.
- Early phenomena of capillary discharges for an electrothermal gun. Sueda, T.; Katsuki, S.; Akiyama, H. // Applied Physics Letters;3/25/1996, Vol. 68 Issue 13, p1766
Investigates the phenomena of capillary discharges for an electrothermal gun. Determination of parameters of plasmas produced by high power pulse discharge in capillary; Use of an image converter camera; Variation of the behavior of early capillary discharges from arc discharges to surface...
- Cops Taser A Little Girl. Nicks, Denver // Time.com;10/15/2013, p1
The article reports that a police officer with the Pierre, South Dakota police department is being publicly criticized and professionally investigated for using a Taser to subdue a suicidal eight-year-old girl who was threatening to stab herself in October 2013.
- Use of stun guns, pepper spray in Texas schools gone wild. BARKER, CYRIL JOSH // New York Amsterdam News;12/12/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 50, p4
The article reports that the state of Texas has been urged by several civil rights groups to end the use of stun guns and pepper spray in schools after a tased student near Austin, Texas, was left in a coma.