- Fire prevention week observed. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);10/9/2008, Vol. 101 Issue 41, p3
The article offers information on the efforts done by metropolitan, volunteers, and wild land firefighters for the National Fire Prevention Week on October 5-11, 2008 in Texas, with the theme "It's Fire Prevention Week, Prevent Home Fires.
- Fire departments encouraged to apply for grant funding. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);4/18/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p10
The article reports that U.S. Senator John Cornyn has encouraged Texas fire departments to apply for grant funding available to help purchase firefighting vehicles and safety and rescue equipment, as well as fund training and support operations.
- Fire grant program draws 19,000+ applications. // Fire Engineering;Jul2001, Vol. 154 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the number of applications received by the United States Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)/U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) from fire departments for grants. Grants available under the Assistance to Firefighters grant program; Target allocations for each category in which...
- House members support increased funding for fire grants. // Fire Engineering;Jul2001, Vol. 154 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the number of members of the United States House of Representatives that have signed a letter addressed to legislator James Walsh, asking for increased funding for the Assistance to Firefighters program. Collaboration with the Congressional Fire Services Institute and other national...
- FIRE ACT GRANTS: A PEER REVIEWER'S PERSPECTIVE. Weber, Matthew D. // Fire Engineering;Dec2002, Vol. 155 Issue 12, p70
Focuses on the review of the Fire Act Grants applications by various fire departments in the U.S. Provision of fire reports through the National Fire Incident Reporting System; Factors considered in the grant review process; Categories for requests.
- Area VFDs get TFS funding. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);1/7/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the $5.7 million legislative grant of the Texas Forest Service (TFS) to more than 900 Texas fire departments that helped fight wildfires during the 2005-2006 wildfire season.
- Grants to help increase home fire sprinkler awareness. // Fire Engineering;Jul2010, Vol. 163 Issue 7, p47
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency Grant Programs Directorate has provided a 2009 Fire Prevention and Safety Grant to the non-profit organization Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition (HFSC) for the purpose of making people aware about home fire sprinklers.
- Stockdale VFD to get firetruck. Kopecki, Pat // Wilson County News;12/10/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 50, p7A
The article reports that the Stockdale Volunteer Fire Department (VFD) will receive its replacement firetruck amounting to $90,000, announced during the Stockdale City Council meeting on December 2, 2014 in Stockdale, Texas.
- The 'ultimate' guide to third party certification. // Fire Safety Engineering;Oct2008, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
The article offers information on The Guide for Product and Installer Certification published by the Passive Fire Protection Federation in Great Britain. As stated, using the third party certification certify products used to protect buildings against fire and the way in which the products have...