Funding for continuing medical education
- Continuing Medical Education (CME): Goals and Objectives. Friedman, Joseph H. // Medicine & Health Rhode Island;Nov2010, Vol. 93 Issue 11, p330
In this article the author discusses the objectives and the accreditation process of continuing medical education (CME), a medical program designed for physicians to advance their profession. He is critical on the way accreditation and funding to physicians by drug companies are processed and...
- Federal Funding of Primary vs Specialized Medical Education. Strelnick, A. H. // American Journal of Public Health;Jan1994, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p124
A letter to the editor is presented in response to article "The Effect of Federal Grants on Medical Schools' Production of Primary Care Physicians," in a 1993 issue.
- Trends in post-MD training. Martin, Shelley; Buske, Lynda // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;5/13/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 10, p1313
Reports the decrease in the number of ministry-funded post-medical trainees in Canada, according to the data release by the Canadian Post-MD Education Registry in May 2003.
- Debt survey calls for free medical training. Kumar, Rajesh // New Zealand Doctor;4/6/2005, p3
Focuses on a survey of the debt levels of doctors in New Zealand (NZ), conducted by the NZ University Students' Association, NZ Medical Students' Association and the NZ Medical Association. Link between doctors' debt levels and tuition fee for medical education; Significance of the survey to...
- Education payments in sights. Lubell, Jennifer // Modern Healthcare;1/15/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p9
The article focuses on the proposal of the U.S. Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) to reduce indirect medical-education payments by a full percentage point in 2008. It is said that the industry fears that the proposal has the potential to undermine payments to teaching hospitals. It...
- Less funding, more scrutiny, same story. // Medical Marketing & Media;Aug2009, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p42
The article presents questions and answers related to continuing medical education (CME), including the biggest challenges encountered by the industry, the types of program in demand, and the level of commercial support it received.
- General practice runs on funding roll. Ratcliffe, Lucy // New Zealand Doctor;8/1/2007, p6
The article discusses issues regarding the announcement of the Clinical Training Agency (CTA) that it will fund second year house surgeons (PGY2s) undertaking rural general practice runs in New Zealand from 26 to 50 in 2008. It was noted that the funding roll has tempered trainee interns taking...
- CAN YOU CALL YOURSELF A CPA? Reed, Ronald O.; Buchman, Thomas; Lily, Martha S. // Financial Executive;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p44
The article discusses the requirements for the CPA (Certified Public Accountant) designation. Although a person may have legitimately achieved CPA status at one time, it could lapse for any of several reasons. In some states the CPA license carries an expiration date. Many states require that...
- (GRANTS) $9M Available to Increase Geriatric Medicine Experts. // Aging News Alert;3/26/2010, p3
The article reports on the funding program of the Health Resources & Services Administration of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, for Geriatric training program for physicians, dentists, bhavioral and mental health professions. It is intended to increase the number of physicians,...